Cherry Pie : A New Year week in photos

5 January 2014

A New Year week in photos


Fireworks / Curled hair / Charlie / Chocs! / Turkey curry / MUA Palettes / New hair products / Possible new look for 2014? / New notebook and diary

Follow me on Instagram - @cherryp13


So it's officially 2014! I've already been back at work for two days and have had as many takeaways in as many days. Oops.

It feels like forever ago that we were watching the fireworks at midnight but it really was only on Tuesday, or technically Wednesday. Like the past three years or so I spent the evening at Vince's parents house, tucking into some yummy, yummy food. We watched the fireworks and Vince's dad even let some off that he had too. I curled my hair especially for the occasion using my Babyliss Curl Secret.

I'd watched a few videos on Youtube of people styling their hair with it and they all made it look so easy but I found it pretty difficult and my hair kept getting stuck in the automatic barrel thing. It was a bit frightening! Anyway, I managed it eventually and my hair did stay in tact for quite a long time!

I didn't start the New Year off in the best way actually as when I parked the car on NY Eve I didn't realise I had torn a hole in the tyre due to hitting the curb so when Vince and I drove home at around 1.30am it was loosing air by the second. By the time we got home it was completely flat and I had to call my dad in the morning to help me fix it. Unfortunately I needed a new tyre so it was a pretty expensive NY to be honest! I should probably just learn to park properly so it doesn't happen again!

On Thursday I was back at work so I guess things have properly gone back to normal now. I now know what day it is and the Christmas tree and all of the decorations have come down. Now it's just regular old January. Boo!

Vince had the day off yesterday so we managed to get our food shopping done. What a thrilling life we lead, eh? We actually also popped to Matalan to check out the sale and I picked up a lovely new jacket! Hopefully I'll be able to feature it on the blog soon.

Today I've spent the morning doing the cleaning and have now settled down for some blogging. I think next weekend I may venture to Bristol to spend my vouchers. I have a £50 Primark voucher burning a hole in my pocket!

How had your week been?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. You always have the best meals aha! Curry with half rice, half chips is one of my favourites. Happy New Year sweet :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks lovely, I'm completely useless with all hair tools apart from straighteners!
    Sounds like you had a nice relaxing New Year (apart from the tyre, boo!), very jealous of that curry and chips right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The turkey curry looks yummmmy!

    Stephanie
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251/hope-freedom-love
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tyre incident must have been so annoying!
    I was back at work Thursday then off ill Friday so I'm even more confused now!
    I really need to take my Christmas decs down, I did mean to do it today but haven't got round to it!
    Enjoy spending your Primark voucher :) xx

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah no the tyre incident sucks! You were lucky you were able to get home that night though. We look our decs down after work on Thursday - the living room looks so empty now :(
    Enjoy shopping & spending your primark voucher, you can get a lot from there for £50! Will we be seeing a haul post?!

    kizzyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig