Cherry Pie : 2013 year in review

1 January 2014

2013 year in review

Happy New Year!! Hope everyone had a fab night. I spent it at Vince's family's house tucking into good food and watching the fireworks.

So I guess today is the day of brand new starts but I thought I'd look back on my 2013 first…

The year started off with Vince and I getting a brand new pet. Charlie! It's been almost a year now since he moved in and he's settled in really well. We're both so glad we got a cat but we sometimes wish we got one of his brothers or sisters too, just so he's not lonely/spoilt. Charlie has a real character and Vince absolutely adores him! It's nice to come home from work to a little meow and a cuddle too. You can read more about him in pet tag.



This year I toyed with the idea of getting a fringe. To fringe or not to fringe, that was the question. In the end I went for it and then later in the year I regretted it. I'm too lazy for the upkeep of a fringe so now I'm slowly growing it out again. I'm sure I'll get bored of my current style in a few months or so but someone will need to remind me just how annoying fringes are.



I can't believe it was this year as it feels so long ago but my friend Keely and I both took a trip to the Warner Bros Studios for The Making of Harry Potter. It was such a good, but absolutely freezing day. It was actually snowing on the day and although my toes were so frozen it did really add a little something special to the trip.



The weather this spring/summer wasn't too bad. Vince and I managed to cram in a couple of walks along the beach. My mum and dad's dog, Jasper, even came along one time. It's great living in a seaside town in the summer. The sunsets are always so pretty and it's nice to get some sea air every now and then.



I also enjoyed lovely picnics with my sister and my niece. I also visited London to see two of my Uni friends. It was unbelievably hot on the day I went, so hot infact that I wore a dress, which is really not like me. We all had a great time walking around London and doing a bit of sightseeing.



Also this year my blog had a bit of a makeover and I became an aunty again, this time to the lovely Oscar, who was born in September. He's already three months old and huge! I can't wait for him to start walking and talking, although that might be a little while yet as he's only just mastered holding his own head up.

In 2013 I turned the grand old age of 25, although I certainly don't feel any older or wiser. I was treated to lots of lovely gifts and Vince even took me out for a lovely dinner too. Vince and I certainly had our fair share of food this year. Each week in photos post seemed to feature some kind of food, whether Vince cooked it or it was a takeaway, but it was certainly very dominant. We haven't actually had a takeaway since before Christmas, who needs to when there's so much turkey left, so I wonder how long that will last…

Also on the blog this year, I reached 1,000 followers! I know lots of people say follower count doesn't matter but to me it does as at least I know someone out there is reading what I have to say! I really enjoy reading all your lovely comments too. I need to sit down and have a think about what I want to do with my blog in 2014. I feel as if it's not very personal so I'd like to inject a bit of life into the blog instead of it being review after review. As Vince got me a new remote for my camera there will definitely be more outfit photos and I am constantly working on my photography skills too, so hopefully they'll improve some what.

At the moment I don't really have anything planned for 2014 so I'll wait and see what the year brings me… what are you looking forward to in 2014?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. That cat picture is too cute! :) So jealous of your trip to Harry Potter Studios, so desperate to go -- fingers crossed this year!
    Congrats on reaching 1000 followers such a brilliant achievement! :)

    Charlotte xx

    http://hobbitsandhairdye.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of your cat is gorgeous! I've always wanted to capture a moment like that, just never had my camera on hand at that time or the skill. Hope 2014 is good to you, happy new year! x

    http://myworldlyadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fringe looks lovely on you and your cat is adorable. I love cats and dogs :)

    I was wondering if you would like to swap blog buttons for the month of Jan?Starting Jan 1 I am swapping buttons with a few bloggers so we can all gain some exposure. If would like to then email me at shivani@glamdiaries.com

    Happy New Year! :)

    ~ Shivani (GlamDiaries.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a lovely year and hope you have another one this year. Also love the photos!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great photographs! I hope you have a great 2014!


    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that pic of Charlie! Haha cutie. Aw what a nice post! It's good to look back on the year and remember everything, otherwise what's the point?! I don't really have anything planned for 2014 yet, but I'm hoping it'll be just as good at '13. Happy new year!

    Natalie | Just a Thought

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww i have a black cat too and she has a wee bit of white fur on her chest just like your cat does!!sooo darn cute!:)I'm now following your blog girlie!:)xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig