Cherry Pie : I should be over all the butterflies

7 June 2013

I should be over all the butterflies

New Look White Floral Shirred Dress
New Look White Floral Shirred Waist Dress - £14.99
Matalan Soleflex Real Leather Wedge Ballet Pumps - £20
Matalan Studded Across The Body Bag - £8
Long time no outfit post! I am really aiming to do more outfit posts on the blog in future now that I've got a somewhat decent, if a little bit messy, place to take pictures and a great camera finally.

I was recently invited to an evening wedding party so I was on the hunt for a dress to wear. I actually picked up two dresses and told myself I would take back whichever one I wasn't going to wear, but I actually ended up keeping both of them. Oops. I'm going to be featuring the other one in an outfit post soon.

I probably should have taken the outfit photos on the day I actually went to the party as I had managed to curl my hair and my skin and make-up looked a bit better than it does here but at the time I completely forgot! I waited until I got home to try the dress on, which is always a risky thing to do, but luckily I really liked it.

The shirred waist band makes the top half of the dress billow out a little but nothing too bad. I'm actually glad it has an elasticated waist as it means you can eat as much as you like and not worry, something I do often. On the evening I actually wore a little grey cardigan but now its getting warmer hopefully a cardigan won't be needed for much longer.

I wasn't sure about the colour of shoes to wear. I probably should have gone with red to match the red flowers in the pattern but instead I opted for nude because for one, I left it too late to properly look for some shoes, and two, I can't wear heels that are too high. These wedges were just right and I lasted the whole night without limping around like an old lady. I was planning on doing the old wear them once and then take them back but I liked them so much I decided to keep them as my 'special occasion' shoes.

The bag is one I picked up on the day of the party in a mad rush to try and find one. It was only £8 from Matalan and it's really cute. It managed to fit in all my junk and I much prefer an across the body bag over a clutch bag.

I think from now on this will be my go-to 'fancy' outfit, but it can also be worn with some casual sandals for an everyday look too.

What's your 'special occasion' outfit of choice?
SHARE:

4 comments

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig