Cherry Pie : The Pet Tag - Meet Charlie

18 June 2013

The Pet Tag - Meet Charlie

The Pet Tag

If you're a regular reader of my blog you probably would have come across my kitten, Charlie. I saw The Pet Tag over on the lovely Bee's blog and I just had to do it myself and introduce you all properly to Charlie.

What is your pets name?
Charlie. Vince actually came up with the name Charlie although my own nickname is Charlie as well so it's a bit weird...

Does your pet have any nicknames?
Charlie Barley or Charlie Barley Booba depending on his cuteness levels at the time!

How old is your pet and how long have you had your pet friend? According to his previous owner, Charlie was born in November 2012, so he is around seven months old. He is really small for his age though and probably won't get much bigger. We have had Charlie since January when he was a cute bundle of fluff.

We went to see a litter of kittens and we wanted a boy cat. One was handed to me and he immediately snuggled into the fur on my coat unlike the others who were jumping around everywhere. He was the only one that let me hold him and we just knew there and then!


How did you get your pet?
We were thinking of getting a pet for a little while. I was constantly looking online but there weren't many around for sale or they were quite expensive. One morning I came across an advert online about a little of six black kittens so I asked Vince if we could go and have a look. It turned out the kittens were living in a caravan on a football pitch...which was a little unnerving but the owner was really friendly and the kittens were gorgeous. I did want to take them all away but we chose Charlie.

Looking back I think we should have perhaps looked at some rescue cats but I can't imagine not having Charlie now.

What are some quirky things about your pet's personality?
When he was a teeny tiny kitten he used to sit on my shoulder like a parrot. He doesn't do it so much now that he's older but there is the odd occasion where he's feeling particularly snuggly and he'll come and sleep on my chest and throat! He has a very squeaky meow and he loves chasing flies and birds. He is also very puzzled by the washing machine. He liked to try and chase the drum as it circles and he scratches at the door. It's so funny! He's quirky in his own funny way I suppose.

What are some of your favourite past times with your pet and what are your favourite memories?
we haven't had him even for a year yet so he is still very new to the house. My favourite memory is being home from work on a snow day. I was trying to do my work but Charlie kept peeking over the top of my laptop. It was pretty distracting!

Another quite worrying memory is being in the bedroom when he climbed up the curtains. He made it to the curtain pole and tried to jump/fly onto the bed but instead I heard a huge crash as he'd landed on the floor between the curtains and the bed. It must have hurt!





SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Awh Charlie is lovely. That last picture is SO cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really a cat person, but he is a little cutie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute i get my little puppy in 3 weeks and cant wait

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww he turned into such a beautiful boy! I loved quirky things about his personality ahaha! I REALLY need to this tag with Lily xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Charlie!! <3 I think i might do this tag on Oscar! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so cute! Reminds me of our old cat, Alfie. Such a handsome little man! I love when cats sit on your shoulder, it's so lovely :)

    www.ciderwithrosie.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig