Cherry Pie : Confessions of a blogger tag

12 March 2013

Confessions of a blogger tag


I recently saw this tag on ChloesWay.com and thought it might be a fun thing to do for my own blog, so here goes...

♥ When did you start your blog?
Amazingly I started this blog in 2009 - it was initially just a place for me to publish my music reviews and examples of my printed work. I'm not quite sure how it got to be a lifestyle/beauty/fashion blog but I'm really pleased with where it has got to and I have some big plans brewing about where I want to take it in the future.

♥ Have you had any past online presence before (Other blog, YouTube)?
Oh definitely, I have been online since I was about 12-years-old. I first started writing on forums and I kept a sort of online diary at Livejournal.com. I also branched out into having various blogs and websites for a few years and ran a My Chemical Romance fan site. I also created a music review website, which I ran up until recently.

♥ Why did you start a blog?
As I mentioned above I started my blog to showcase my writing work and to use it as some sort of online CV. It's not really the right platform for such a thing so it quickly developed into a review blog and then fashion/lifestyle/beauty.

♥ When did you become serious about starting a blog?
I'm not sure there was a particular point when I became serious about blogging, sometimes I take it very seriously but other weeks I just don't feel like blogging at all and feel I need a bit of a break from it. I do try and take it seriously and my planning for the future of the blog is a big part of that. It is still very much a hobby that I do in my spare time and I do really enjoy it!

♥ What was your first post?
It was a copy of a review I had published in a local magazine in Southampton.

♥ What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
I think probably the photography aspect of it - I know you don't need to be a professional photographer to have a blog but good photos are important. Mine did start out really badly but they have definitely improved. I would like to get a better camera for myself and start recording Youtube videos!

♥ Where do you see your blog in one year?
I have no idea really, I would like it to have grown somewhat and I would love there to be a bit more interaction with commenters/readers. I would like a more professional looking layout and I would love for it to have more outfit photos!

♥ What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
Probably seeing my follower numbers and comments grow and grow. I love to know that what I'm writing is actually being read by people and I love to see what they think!

♥ What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?
There isn't anything in particular that discourages me from blogging, I really enjoy it!

♥ What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
Reading other blogs is my biggest inspiration and motivation. I love reading other people's blogs and seeing their amazing photographs and interesting posts and I often wish my blog was just as good!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This is such a cute post! I love finding out more about the background of blogs and whatnot xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, it's so interesting to find out how you started out xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, I really like your top xo

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig