Cherry Pie : Warner Bros Studio Tour - The Making of Harry Potter

28 March 2013

Warner Bros Studio Tour - The Making of Harry Potter



















On Saturday (March 23) my friend and I visited the Warner Bros studios Leavesden for The Making of Harry Potter tour and I have to say it was so much fun!

It was absolutely freezing and snowing and we were both so tired from travelling a good three and a half hours on trains and tubes, but we had a great day. I don't want to give too much away but I loved the reveal of the great hall and I loved that we were able to go off and explore, take as many pictures as we wanted and spend as much time as wanted looking at everything. I felt like a big kid and most of the people visiting were actually big kids!

I loved the fact that everything we saw was used in the films and the location was actually where a good portion of the movies were made. I loved looking at all of the props and the costumes. I really enjoyed the green screen department and even got a picture of myself flying on a broomstick!

There were so many teeny tiny details on everything that went into the film. I loved seeing Privet Drive and the Knight Bus and I particularly enjoyed wondering down Diagon Alley. I was a bit disappointed with the Butterbeer though! It just seemed to be fizzy water with some cream on top, not worth the £2.95 in my opinion!

I think the ticket price was pretty reasonable but the gift shop was ridiculously expensive, as you would expect. I did pick up a guide book just as a little souvenir of the day though. Overall I had a brilliant time and we seemed to whizz through it but it is quite a long way to travel if you live outside of London. I can't really put my finger on what was the best bit, I definitely enjoyed the film at the beginning, which was a montage of all of the films. It made me want to watch them all again!

I had such a good day and would recommend it to any Harry Potter fan - I think it just proves how popular the whole phenomenon is.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Looks like a great day!

    http://talisatalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/roberto-cavalli-eau-de-parfum-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous, I really want to go to this!! :D

    How amazing, I love the pictures!

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been before and loved it.! so i'm going again the day after my 21st ! i almost cried when i pulled into the carpark... how sad! X X X

    loralovessequincoats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab post I love Harry Potter and I really want to go here :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS PLACE. I've been twice and I would so go again. The reveal of the great hall, gosh, I was almost in tears when that curtain came up! And at the end.. the castle. I spent at least an hour in that part the first time. The music and lighting and scale and everything! So overwhelming and amazing!!! YAY!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous, really need to go! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous i really want to go there I love the Potter films :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig