Cherry Pie : Re-using Yankee Candle jars

10 January 2013

Re-using Yankee Candle jars

Yankee Candle
Yankee Candle - Clean Cotton

Yankee Candle
This is weird. I'm not a 'crafty' person, but when my yankee candle burnt out (boohoo!) I thought, 'ooh, what could I do with this empty glass jar?'

Yankee Candles are pretty expensive and I didn't think I should just chuck it away so I carefully scraped away the excess wax and gave it a good wash in hot water.

I decided it might make a nice makeup brush holder, but I'm sure there are many more uses for it. It would make a good money box for your spare coins, or even a pot for a small house plant!

Let me know what you've used your leftover candle jars for.

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. What a lovely idea, looks really nice too xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're using them as extra glasses for drinks (usually alcoholic when friends come over ;) ). Brushes holder looks nice! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cute idea :D I got some candles for Christmas so I'll remember to keep the jars for stuff like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing things like this, I have done this with a jar of nutella haha
    Charli @ Charli-dot-dot-dot.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to do this but I don't know how to get the wax out :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I carefully scraped mine out and soaked it in boiling water so it softened and was easy to scoop out.

      Delete
  6. Omg I love this idea! Think I have a while until mine burns out though :(

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea, I love your pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a good idea! Your photos are so cute and well done as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab idea! There are some amazing ideas what to do with them on Pinterest. The other day i was looking at my Nutella glass jar thinking 'hmm what shall i turn this into?' haha! x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig