Cherry Pie : Winter Wonderland with Models Own - Jack Frost

4 January 2013

Winter Wonderland with Models Own - Jack Frost

Models Own Jack Frost
Models Own Jack Frost - £5

Models Own Jack Frost and Blooboo

Models Own Jack Frost
Models Own Jack Frost I found it pretty difficult to photograph the Models Own Jack Frost polish. It's so light and shimmery, not good for photograph taking!

I was also a bit disappointed with the polish in general. I applied a basecoat of Models Own Blooboo, which as you can tell from the image above, is a bit old and hasn't been used in a while, but I thought it would make a nice frosty-esque base. However, the Jack Frost polish was really gloopy and thick so is already chipping off after less than one day.

I'm also not a fan of the yellowish tinge it's given to the nails. I thought this lovely frosty polish would look great on the baby blue shade, but alas it does not work entirely.

When the polish catches the light it looks very pretty and festive but overall I'm not entirely impressed. It's a real shame because I really wanted to love this polish but I hate it when they're so gloopy they aren't really useable, and as you can see, it makes the polish horribly bumpy looking.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I loved the look of all the polishes from this collection! This shade is lovely!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to buy this one, but when I saw it in store I went for the Snowflakes instead and I love love love it! I can see how hard it is to apply and it doesn't have a nice effect. :( X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost bought this but now looking at the pictures it doesn't seem that noticeable! Might have to avoid now, thanks for the review :)

    http://sparklybluesandrainbowshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the colours are sooo gorgeous! i love the combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the colours and glitteriness of these polishes but have had real problems with glitter polishes chipping off really quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw it doesn't look bad in the pictures but I know what you mean if its not a nice texture.
    Www.pipsqueak90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks pretty but damn that Blooboo is gorgeous! xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have these colours , that looks gorgeous as a combo xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig