Cherry Pie : Peter Pan!

26 November 2010

Peter Pan!

No, this post isn't about the little pixie-like boy from the Disney films...it's about my favourite trend of the moment...the Peter Pan collar!

About 3 years ago, I had a Peter Pan collar top that I once dared to wear to work, but never wore again. Now I'm seeing the trend all over the place...does this mean I started a trend? (I doubt it)

Anyway, I've been spotting some lovely Peter Pan collar dresses on the high street recently. I previously had my eye on a black Topshop creation but have found a much nicer alternative on ASOS.com, which is £4 cheaper!

I've put together an outfit from ASOS that is possibly going on my wish/Christmas list!

It starts with this beauty...


It's not normally a colour I'd go for as I'd usually opt for black, but as I'd team it with black tights and boots, I thought I should add a little colour otherwise I'd look like I was going to a funeral. Plus £24 is a little bargain I think.

As I browsed the ASOS website, I knew I was looking for a pair of black tights. Simple, boring, but I came across these lovelies which ticked the black tights box but also give a bit of interest to the outfit, in my opinion!



Now for the best bit of the outfit...the shoes! Wedges are massive at the moment so I'd probably opt for something suitable for the winter, such as these gorgeous shearling winter wedges!


These wonders are £55 which is pretty reasonable, but with my lack of cash and the current length of my Christmas list, I probably won't be getting these until they are way out of date, boo!

So these are the latest additions to my wishlist, what do you guys think? I realise the majority of posts recently have been wishlist posts, but they are becoming my favourite thing to write recently, and seeing as I'm not up to much else, they're better than no post at all!

Hopefully this ASOS discount will help towards these items finally becoming mine! I might email it over to mother!
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. Oooh I love the shoes! :) And wishlist posts are always lovely :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primark have similair boots...but sans shearling for £18. Am in love with wedge boots at the moment...all types of comfy.
    I love the camel peter pan dress but think I'd still go for it in black...my inner goth is all up in it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shouldn't have told me about the Primark versions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Peter pan collars. I have been meaning to have a go at making one from some lace material I have. I just don't seem to be able to find the time. I love those wedges too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour of that dress...and those tights <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to write a wishlist, I have been working so much recently and not been shopping in what seems like SUCH a long time :p Really wanting to get myself a few bits and bobs to wear over christmas and new year. I dont own any peter pan collar-esque items but that will need to change soon cause theyre adorable! have a great weekend girlie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. they do dresses like that in topshop!!

    thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is just beautiful. And I want it in my life, ha.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Peter Pan collars look great. Am envious, as I cannot wear them (chest too big.) LLGxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. soooo lovely :)))))

    xoxo
    minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. those shearling booties are fantastic! i would love to have a pair for next winter!

    youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

    x Your Only Blackswan

    ReplyDelete
  12. first dress is on my list too! only the waist is a bit too high up for me - we'll see :) i am sure asos is on sale in 3 weeks so credit cards at the ready!

    londonviennacologne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. nooo you have to hear whip my hair! it's awesome! great shoes xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love those shoes and tights!
    gorgeous post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. eee love everything! those tights are awesome and i need that dress x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh yes i adore a peter pan collar xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish I'd managed to get the black version of the Peter Pan collar dress but it sold out before I could :( That outfit would look sooo cute. Totally loving the tights with those wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the peter pan collar and got this dress in a charity shop about a year ago, and am still sewing sequins on the collar :( just never had time to finish it. I really should as everyone is wearing them now, I do have a H&M dress with it but it's tight around the bust area :( I may just wear it anyway. Thanks for sharing ... those boots look cosy :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the dress!!xx

    www.zscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig