Cherry Pie : Sleepy Head

22 November 2010

Sleepy Head


This morning I actually gasped out loud at the state of my bank account.

I've been unemployed for nearly 2 months now...which was by choice by the way. Being in Southampton while Vince carries on with his third year of University, means that I obviously want to go home to Weston Super Mare for the Christmas holidays with him and not be stuck here alone, so in preparation for this, I saved money through the summer to help me live over the Christmas period. I didn't look for a job in this time because most of the shops are/were looking for Christmas temporary staff, and not being able to work Boxing Day is a big no no.

Anyway, the saving kind of worked and kind of didn't. I've managed to live this far but have obviously over spent majorly, as my lovely account balance now tells me that I won't be able to buy any Christmas presents this year!

So, I'm hoping to go back to work over the holidays at a holiday camp back at home. I'm just waiting anxiously to hear back from them and hoping that they need an extra hand over Christmas. They've been very good over the past 3 years or so, letting me come back every Easter, Summer and Christmas.

I'm not planning on staying unemployed for much longer. As much as I love being able to stay in bed all day and watching day-time television, it can get a bit boring and there's only so much cleaning I can do to keep myself occupied. When we come back to Southampton in the New Year, I'm going to go on a mahoosive job hunt, literally looking for anything. Hopefully I'll find something that can tide me over until I find a job that relates to Journalism in some way! Wish me luck!

P.S Thanks for all the lovely comments and *Hi* to the new followers, not long until I reach 100!!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love/hate being unemployed. I get to focus on my studies, work on events and help out in my friends shop for sandwiches and clothes, but I do miss a regular wage. Guess I just need to jazz up my cv. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I hope everything works out for you hun I know the feeling :( I am a full time mother and carer for my mother, I get money for my son but none for me so to say this is going to be a tight Christmas is an understatement. Just know that your family love you and will be happy to have you home, they know you are studying and that it is rough going in the third year. I think they will be happy to have you and your time, than a gift. Hopeful something will come along but let go of the stress, I was getting upset about it but Christmas is really meant to be about time together so I have got little gifts and that will have to do. Why don't you make some pressies like ... you could pick up those air tight jars for tesco, why not bake some cookies with iced message's on or peppermints dipped with chocolate. A gift that is handmade will be more special, I will try and make cupcakes :P (I burn things a lot) hugs and chin up xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello babe
    thnks for the comment ;)

    i am also such a sleepyhead person.. anw congratulations for almost getting 100 followers !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being self employed is kind of similar... some days I am working and some not. I'll be on a job one week and not know where my next wage is coming from! But you seem like a sensible girl so Im sure it will all work out for you :) Keep us posted tho eh? Dont worry too much lovely girl! wish you lots of luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope things work out for you!
    I'm unemployed but I'm in full time education so luckily i can focus on that x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you find a job soon cherri!
    and i could live in that topshop, its amazing!!!

    Thankyou for the comment on my blog,
    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck in finding a job that you love! But you should probably take this time to travel or do the things that you never have the time to:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig