Cherry Pie : Book recommendations - The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

29 November 2010

Book recommendations - The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

My lovely boyfriend Vince brought me this book for my birthday. He had no idea what sort of book to get me but he knew I liked books with pretty covers and 'those girl type books' like the ones he has seen me read before. Luckily, he picked up a book by an author I was familiar with, Cecelia Ahern.



Of course, I'd read 'P.S I Love You' and loved it but I have been apprehensive about reading anything else by the same author, mainly because I always thought the prices of the books were too much, but I'm so glad I finally gave this author a chance as The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern was quite truthfully, stunning.

We join the bratty 16 year old Tamara on an emotional journey as she is abruptly moved to her Aunt and Uncles house in the middle of nowhere thanks to her Dad selfishly (in Tamara's eyes) committing suicide.

As Tamara's mother mourns her husband's death, Tamara feels completely alone. Like any teen, she's bored out of her mind, so when a young boy with a mobile library comes rolling through town, she's eager to get away from it all.

Finding an interesting book in the library, she takes it home with her only to discover that it's a diary and her tomorrows are already being written in it. As Tamara's suspicions grow, the book reveals many hidden secrets about the house she's staying in, as well as the people around her.


It didn't take me long to become completely engrossed with this book, staying up until 3am because I literally could not put it down. It's emotional, sometimes witty and at times, scary. Tamara grows from a spoilt teenager to a young woman, who becomes wiser of the world and more understanding of the events that happen to her in the story.

There are small hints through out the story that tell you the outcome of a few things, but this doesn't take away from the story. Instead it made me feel happy that I'd worked out one of the mysteries! The story is nothing I or anyone could ever have come up with, it's complete genius as it twists and turns through out the story. I urge anyone who hasn't already, to read this book as I was blown away by it. Always a sign of a good book.

Now I can't wait to start reading Cecelia's other books, where shall I start?

P.S. I'm just one follower away from 100, so if you're not already following, then please do! And thank you so much to all the commenters on the last post, I'll be returning your comments soon. :)
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I've only ever read P.S. I Love You, which I wasn't completely taken with. But a friend of mine said this was really good, and now you've said the same, I might give it a go! :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiyaz!

    ta for following lovely

    The snow is just getting from deep to deeper!

    follwings you back :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the only book of hers I haven't read *yet*

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm going to have to read this now!
    great review!

    thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great book review - I haven't read this but have been on the hunt for some new reading material x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read it and i love it :)
    great book review!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the tv advert for this and I really wanted to read it but just kinof forgot, I'm really intrigued now! Deffinately gona put this on my christmas list now, tehe.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking book!

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just came across your blog, and it's lovely, I'm going to follow you now, follow me too?
    I love this book, and pretty much any book by Cecelia Ahern, I'd recommend "A Place Called Here" next by her, or maybe "Where Rainbows End" (I lent this one to a friend and she never gave it back =( )
    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig