Cherry Pie : Botanics Ionic Clay Mask

15 August 2013

Botanics Ionic Clay Mask

Botanics Ionic Clay Mask
Boots: Ionic Clay Mask - £4.66

I've been after yet another clay mask for a while. I'm not sure why as I don't really need one but oh well! I usually use the Elemis clay mask, which I really like, but I wanted to change things up a bit. I spotted this one in Boots and for under £5 thought it was a bit of a bargain.

The mask claims to remove impurities and deeply cleanse the skin. My skin did feel nice and soft afterwards but I'm not sure in regards to it removing impurities. It definitely helped my skin and I think continuing to use it week after week will cause greater effects to be seen.

On application it's exactly as you would expect. A green/grey mud that dries and you simply wash away but the application was ridiculous. I was expecting a thick clay...as you would...but when I squeezed the tube out flowed about a gallon of muddy water all over the bathroom. I'm not sure what happened, maybe it had melted slightly on the window-sil or something but it was quite annoying. After all the liquid had come it it did turn back into a thick clay, which was easy to apply.

For a cheap and cheerful mask this is great and it will last absolutely ages. I'm going to continue using it and switching it between my Elemis clay mask and my other non-clay ones. I used to be a real anti-facemask person but now I love them!

What's your favourite face mask?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. This looks great! Boots have so many products of their own, you don't need to fork out for expensive products all the time. Great post! :)
    Carrie:Brighton xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im running out of my current clay mask so this sounds great, especially since ive been wanting to try something for the Botanics range!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Botanics but think a few of their products are overhyped! I love Lush for face masks, they always feel so luxurious.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like affordable products, sometimes the more affordable the better they are!

    I'll definitely be checking this product out when I pop down to the shops as it sounds really lovely :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the muddy water! You have to give it a good shake before you use it, after that it is normally fine :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the market for a clay mask and looks like this will be popped on the list!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually a big fan of this mask! I find it's a good dupe for the Origins Clear Improvement mask. I do find it watery like you said though, giving it a good shame before you use it seems to help.

    Demi | Kiss and Makeup

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig