Cherry Pie : What's on my Christmas tree

24 December 2012

What's on my Christmas tree




















So I thought this might make a bit of a different post to the usual. This is the first year Vince and I will be celebrating Christmas in our new house so it was really fun to decorate the tree ourselves.

I bought some pretty simple decorations from Sainsburys and Poundland. The red and white felt decorations are really cute and come in lots of different shapes such as a reindeer, angel, bell and a star. I think they're something a little different!

I don't care what my mum says (she hates tinsel) a Christmas tree always has to contain tinsel and my sister kindly gave me a big bag of the stuff to use. It included mostly purple and green so we bought some blue as well (so it was more boyish for Vince!). The more colours the better I say!

The baubles are really simple silver glitter, mirror and matte ones, which I personally think look really nice. The tree is complete with some red beads, multicoloured lights and some white lights as well. We even sprayed a few bits of the tree with some fake snow! Vince also accidentally sprayed my leggings in the process.

We tried to decorate the tree on a bit of a budget as we didn't want to go too mad. The decorations were pretty cheap and the tinsel was from the Poundland, but I think it's lovely and festive. It would be nice to collect some baubles or decorations to keep and use year after year. I guess in time we'll gather these bits and pieces, but the chocolates and candy canes will definitely be coming off and eaten, to be replaced next year with more!

What's on your Christmas tree this year? Merry Christmas every one!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Your Christmas tree looks amazing! I can't wait to get my own place and go nuts with decorations. I agree that a tree ALWAYS needs tinsel.

    My tree is tiny and has pink/purple tinsel, purple baubles, silver bells, little glittery birds and a sparkly red star topper :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! those reindees and the stars are gorgeous!
    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. awh this is such a cute idea for a post! your christmas tree looks amazing, have a lovely lovely christmas! :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty! i love it

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway here to win £50 to spend on barratts shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. our tree started as traditional red and gold but has ended up with hello kitty, a meerkat and a felt policeman...hmm! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree looks seriously gorgeous! <3 I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful! The tinsel adds a nice festive touch and even though I am not a huge fan of it, I must admit the Christmas tree looks better with it. :) I hope you had amazing Christmas! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. your Christmas tree looks so beautiful!! i love your ornaments so much :) thanks for sharing!

    Happy Holidays. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig