Cherry Pie : Wearing the trends: GEEK tee

17 December 2012

Wearing the trends: GEEK tee

I recently had a new idea for a regular blog post. It's not exactly new as other bloggers are doing it but it is new to Cherry Pie Blog.

In order to help myself think about the different ways to style an item of clothing I thought I would put together various outfit ideas for a particular trend, this time around I've decided to opt for the GEEK Tshirt, which is a huge blogger trend at the moment.

The tshirt is pretty simple so there are so many ways to really jazz it up (yes, I did just say jazz up!), here we go...

Wearing the trends
Topshop: GEEK tee - £18, Purple Shimmer Swoosh Skirt - £46, 4 line tights - £8.50, Multirow Necklace - £16.50
Matalan: Classic Black Satchel - £8, Lace up Wedge Boots - £22

I love this look, the skirt gives it a real feminine feel and the wedges can be swapped for other heels for a night out. The tshirt can be worn pretty much anywhere so I've really enjoyed putting all these looks together. I have been contemplating getting myself the wedges recently too so this may be an outfit I'll try in the future.


Wearing the trends
Topshop: Check Leigh Jeans - £40, GEEK tee - £18, Spike Stretch Bracelet - £10, Triangle Bracelet - £12.50, Aztec Earrings - £8.50
Miss Selfridge: Panther Head Clutch - £18
ASOS: Converse Trainers - £30

I really love the jeans that feature in this look. You probably recognise them from one of my Wednesday Wishlist posts. They remind me a little bit of Rupert the Bear but the pattern is quite subtle so I definitely think I'd wear them. This look is a bit more edgy and probably something I'd wear to a gig or just casually around the house.


Wearing the trends
Matalan: Wet Look Leggings - £8, Ballet Creepers - £10
New Look: Red Chunky Knit - £17.99
Topshop: GEEK tee - £18, Swirl Ear Tunnels - £8.50, Spike Stud Rings - £12.50

This look is definitely what I'd be most likely to wear. On a Sunday you'll always see me in a pair of leggings and a simple tee, but this is something that can be worn out as well. Switch the cardigan for a cute blazer and add some heels and voila!

Will you be wearing the GEEK tee trend?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Thank you for the comment on my blog, love this type of post, i've been eyeing this top up for weeks!
    just followed too..
    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! The skirt in the first look is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the third look best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the third outfit option!
    Great post xx

    www.thefashionseason.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the second look, I NEED those jeans x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great new blog post idea. I've been seeing the geek tee everywhere these last few weeks. I like the first look best, the satchel is so cute. Loving the jewellery from the second look too xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig