Cherry Pie : Alternative festive nails with Barry M Gold Mine Glitter

14 December 2012

Alternative festive nails with Barry M Gold Mine Glitter

Barry M Gold Mine Glitter
Barry M Gold Mine Glitter - £2.99

Barry M Gold Mine Glitter

Barry M Gold Mine Glitter

Barry M Gold Mine Glitter
I'm so stupid and I have so many nail polishes that I bought this one twice without realising I already had it, doh! Oh well, the other one went to a good home (my sister!) and I've finally got round to trying it out.

I love the black and gold of this and I was expecting the polish to be enough for one or two layers, but unfortunately the black didn't really provide much of a base coat as it was really thin, so I ended up applying a separate plain black underneath. The polish itself is a bit gloopy on application but it dries pretty quickly, which is always a plus.

That tiny annoyance aside, I really love the alternative festive look of this polish. It's perfect for people that don't want to go with the traditional nail looks and it's equally perfect for a glitzy Christmas party too! I would certainly recommend.

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Perhaps you got a faulty one as I have this and it wasn't at all gloopy, it went on really well with two coats! I love using it at the moment, it's so easy compared to using a glitter top coat. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww they look so cute and festive, I really want to try this nail polish x

    http://charlotteannowst.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is absolutely gorgeous, i have a topshop one which is the same but silver, definitely need gold too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a gorgeous polish! I have a Topshop polish which is black with glitter and the black base coat is exactly the same. It looks amazing with another coat of black beneath though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the combo of black and gold glitter, it looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a gorgeous nail polish, I've seriously been converted to glitter polishes this year!!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember seein this in Boots but i didnt get around to buying it, kinda wish i did now because it looks so pretty on! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, you must have a lot of you bought it twice! It does look good though =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colour!

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this polish and I adore it! Same with me though, three coats and it was a little gloopy the second time I used it xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig