Cherry Pie : Working in Retail

26 January 2011

Working in Retail

The fun of being unemployed wears off fast! I've managed to get myself into a bad routine of going to sleep in the early hours of the morning and not waking up again until after midday. It means that I'm totally missing the first half of the day because by the time I'm showered, dressed and properly awake, it's usually way past mid-day!

As I'm looking for a job at the moment, I'm going to have to get used to early mornings again. After handing out lots of CVs last week, I got a reply from Miss Selfridge and I have an interview on Friday at 4pm. If I'm successful it will be my first retail job since working in New Look. I did enjoy working there and quietly looking at all the products as I tidied up and replaced stock. Unfortunately, the people there were not so nice but I thoroughly enjoyed the 50% discount!

Working in Retail again would be a nice change from the Cafe I've been working in for three years back home in Weston Super Mare! No more smelling of chips and fat! I've already planned what I'm going to wear for the Interview. I did wonder whether to go with the formal Interview outfit of black trousers and a white shirt, but I thought I would go for something a bit more 'stylish' seeing as it is a clothes shop.

I've decided on some Tailored Crop Trousers, which I've never worn, along with my new Caramel Coloured Boat Neck T Shirt from Zara. Being the idiot that I am, I've forgotten to bring any black flat pumps to Southampton so I've decided to wear a teeny tiny pair of heels which I wore for my graduation.





I'm actually quite pleased with the outfit as I feel it's smart enough for an interview while still being 'fashionable' enough to be seen in a clothes shop! I would usually panic and leave it until the last minute, but in the spirit of wearing items in my wardrobe that I haven't done so before, I thought I'd dig out the cropped trousers! I'm just praying it doesn't rain or I'll be getting wet feet!

What does everyone think about my choice of outfit?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I think that's a great interview outfit because, like you said, it's smart but fashionable. Maybe wear some funky jewellery too to show personality? I'm sure you'll rock it!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great interview outfit! and the tights are sooooo lovely and worth the money! buy some :)


    thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree need to be smart but trendy so a great choice.It is always best to wear something you feel confident and comfortable in. 50% off is definitely a good incentive to work in retail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the top especially.

    Also working in retail is mad but I think it's OK - I'm doing it now but I don't think I could cope in the long term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. another fantastic post girlll :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE the cropped trousers! good luck in your interview :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be in the same position as you in a few months. Scary! I'm thinking I will try and get a retail job too, if I can't get some work experience in a newspaper/magazine.

    Thanks for your recent comment and follow to my blog. I love the honest style of yours.

    www.dressingmissdolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Thanks for posting my 'Pyjamas' poster, would you mind adding a link back to my site or shop? The URL’s are:

    http://getrealpaid.bigcartel.com/

    or

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/getrealpaid/

    Thanks in advance,

    Neil Leonard

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot for featuring my print, would you mind adding a link to where it can be purchased or a credit? http://getrealpaid.bigcartel.com/
    Many thanks,
    Neil Leonard

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig