Cherry Pie : Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life

7 January 2011

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life


Are you ever job hunting and spot an advert for a job you just know you can do? If the company or person would just give you a teeny tiny chance, you know for a fact that you'll be brilliant at the job! This is what frustrates me so much about job hunting. I recently came across an advertisement for a simple writing job that I just know I would be great at, obviously I've sent off my CV and covering letter etc, etc...but I feel like that just doesn't do me enough justice, if I could just put my skills into practice for them to see, things would be so much easier!

But life is just not that easy, so I'll continue to send my CV and out and keep every single part of my body crossed!

In the mean time, writing for Styleclone.com and The Fashion Buzz is going really well. I'm making a little money which I'm hoping to put into a separate account, to save and then use for important things! Although fashion isn't my first choice of subject to write about, I'm finding it extremely interesting and fun. Although I do love looking at catwalk collections and the latest trends, through viewing various fashion blogs, I've come to learn that fashion is really all about what you feel comfortable and confident in. Some blog writers look more stylish and glamorous than some celebrities and these people are really the ones we should all be taking note of! (This has also given me an idea for a new weekly or monthly post)

My blog is a bit of a mish mash of subjects at the moment and I'm starting to wonder if this puts people off a bit? Would you rather see a blog dedicated to just one subject or do you enjoy reading posts about a variety of different things?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love your blog and I think it's great that you focus on different topics. Similar to mine in the fact that I write on fashion or have it partly personal to myself. (if that makes sense)

    On the job front.. I totally understand how you feel. Im in the same boat.

    I have added your blog to my Daily Reads, so that should gain you a few more readers :)

    http://fashionisknowledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's your blog, write what you want! I'll follow regardless x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great writer so keep going and you will find something.

    Have you tried applying to speculatively to places you would like to work? This not only shows that you are keen but also you will be up against less competition than if they have just put a job ad out.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig