Cherry Pie : 'When I grow up....'

21 January 2011

'When I grow up....'


Wow, I haven't blogged in so long! Sorry about that! I'm back in Southampton now with Vince and it's colder than ever! I swear it's warmer outside! I love having my own place to live and my own independence, but I hate the cold and having to clear up after everyone else who lives here. I can stand a little mess but when it builds and builds, I just have to clean it, even if it's not mine! I know that makes me a bit of a mug, but I'd rather not live in pure filth.

We came back to Southampton on Monday and since then I've pretty much been cleaning up our bedroom and the rest of the house. I still have the living room to go which I'm not looking forward to. Today was spent job hunting. Not for a job in Journalism this time, but just for a normal 9 to 5 job in retail. I printed over 30 CVs this afternoon, stuffed them into envelopes and visited just about every shop in the town centre. Unfortunately, most places do all of their recruitment Online and they won't even take CVs anymore, which is ludicrous. I've checked all of their websites and there are no vacancies, but luckily a few shops did have some vacancies and they kindly took my CV, so fingers crossed I get a phone call for an interview!

Since coming back to Southampton I'm on a money saving mission. I'm currently living on the wages I made during the Christmas break, which really isn't much and until I find a job, I really need to cut down on my spending and shopping. It's not easy, believe me. We did a weekly shop at our local Tesco and brought mainly Tesco's own brands and items that were on offer, yet it still came to £41! Luckily we split the cost between us, but still...£20 is a lot to someone with no money. I'm definitely trying to stop myself popping into town to have a look around when I'm bored because that is definitely the biggest culprit.

I think a proper job in Journalism is going to be put onto the back burner for the time being. I know that unpaid Internships are probably the best way to go for me, but obviously I need to save some money to be able to live while I do them. We also have to start thinking about what we're going to do and where we're going to live once Vince finished University. Of course, that means more money if we're going to rent a flat, so once everything is sorted and we are all settled, then a proper career job hunt can begin.

It's daunting being a 'grown up' isn't it?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. hope everything is good for you this year cherry!

    thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back kitten, I feel for you on the lazy flat mate front :/ just hind their stuff they will soon start picking up their own shit. Yeah money is beyond low my end to, I was lucky I got stuff for my birthday makes being broke a little easier :) have a great weekend xxx and I'm sure you will find something xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with job hunting and finding a journalism job. Funny with house and kids, I still don't really feel like a grown up, although the responsibilties can be a bit daunting at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had to put journalism on hold too, it's just not practical at the moment :( boo, eh? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oof, I know how you feel. My graduation seems to be getting scarily close and I have no idea what I'm going to do! Trying not to panic too much though, and just try to enjoy myself instead.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello nice blog ..... I love to follow you .... congratulations .... come see my blog you might like it ..... and if you want returns following me .... thanks you ... look kiss ...

    http://vale-zagu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig