Cherry Pie : Book recommendations - Annie Valentine Series by Carmen Reid

3 January 2011

Book recommendations - Annie Valentine Series by Carmen Reid

If I remember correctly, I was first introduced to the Annie Valentine series by Carmen Reid after my Nan leant me a pile of books that she thought I would like. Well, she did good as I'm now a huge fan of the series.


The series follows personal shopper Annie Valentine through lifes ups and downs. Annie is a shopaholic and can't resist a bargain, specifically designer bargains which she picks up with a nifty staff discount from The Store where she lends fashion and style advice to women without a clue.

Annie juggles a career in personal shopping with expectations of bigger and better things, while also managing a teenage daughter, growing son and new boyfriend, Ed. Each book grips the reader and pulls them into Annie's life while still managing to be a fabulous and funny read.

These books are perfect for those that love fashion as there are a fair few designer mentions, style tips and general fashion love. Each book gets better and stronger, drawing the reader in and making them fall in love with the entire Valentine clan.







Later this month, the next book in the series, New York Valentine, will be released and I can't wait.


Annie Valentine has a dream job in the heart of fabulous Manhattan.
Daughter Lana is lost in the heat of first love, but has she fallen for a heart-breaker? In London husband Ed faces a scandal at work and knows, in his heart, he needs Annie back.

What’s a girl to do when her true love is in London but her new love is New York? Does it have to be fashion or family, or can Annie Valentine have it all?



I do love a series of books as you can really get to know the characters well and feel like you're part of the family. The Annie Valentine series is right up there with the like of the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'm not a huge book fan, but this actually sounds good and like you say with all the fashion infused into it, it will defo have me gripped. I will look out for the first one at least if I like it I have more to look forward to. Thanks for sharing hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have a nosey at these next time I'm in a book store,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a couple of these on holidays, like the sound of the NY one.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig