Cherry Pie : Done and done.

26 June 2009

Done and done.

Right. I'm done with work experience at Reveal magazine. It started off well but yesterday and today were a bit of a let down, it just seemed they were getting me to do jobs for the sake of having something to do. I didn't even finish my 'comparision' word document which was apparently going to be 'really helpful,' to them. They didn't even ask about it.

Anyway, the day started off very Michael Jackson themed with everyone in the office discussing his death. Straight away I was summoned to write the Reveal Blog about Michael's death which you can see at: RevealBlog.co.uk (I will be printing these three blogs out and putting them into my portfolio, at least I have something to show for my experience.) After this, everyone in the office had a meeting and decided they would put together a Michael Jackson supplement and so I was asked to go out into London to find some books about Michael Jackson and there were NONE. I was quite surprised that there weren't any..the shelves were full of biographies on bimbos like Nikki from Big Brother but no MJ. Everywhere I went MJ songs were playing, in peoples cars, in HMV on the big screen and there were camera crews everywhere! I even got asked to speak for the camera but I ran away! Unfortunately I didn't find any books so I had to go back empty handed. The other girl that went also couldn't find me so at least they can't say I didn't try.

After lunch I was asked to collect the answers from reader surveys and work out the percentages of the answers which was pretty easy. It took up a lot of the last 3 hours but I was also asked to go out and get supplies (fruit and alcohol) for the people who were staying late in the office to finish the MJ supplement. At about 5:10pm I was still sat in the office, I've left at 5pm every day this week so I asked if it was alright for me to go as I had to catch a train (which I missed by the way) and they seemed surprised. =\

As I said in the previous blog, it's been a good experience but it kind of trailed off towards the end. My friend asked me if I'd like to work there and I said no. The office is very seperated, with all the different sections sitting quite far from eachother and not really interacting. I expected people to get on well and there to be lots of chatter, which there was at times, but most of the time people were quite quiet. I expected there to be more urgency in a magazine office, it's not the sort of magazine I'd like to work with but it was worth the experience!

No more getting up at 6am! I can't wait! Though tomorrow I'm getting up at 8am to go to LONDON, woo. I bet it rains but I don't care!! I'm going and I'm going to have a lovely lovely day with my lovely lovely Vincey, who has been absolutely brilliant this week, waking up at 6am every day and taking me to the station, picking me up everyday AND cooking me delicious dinners, I owe him lots!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig