Cherry Pie : 1 down, 4 to go

22 June 2009

1 down, 4 to go

I'm tired, my feet hurt, my head hurts and did I mention I'm soooo tired!!!! Today was my first day of work experience and it didn't help that I kept waking up at 3am and then every half an hour onwards until 5:45am. =[ I got ready pretty quickly so tomorrow I won't be getting up so early.

I fell asleep on the train to Waterloo so it didn't seem like a very long journey. Waterloo is HUGE and really confusing, plus you have to pay 30p to use the toilets!! Outrageous! Finding the tube was fine. I don't know what I was worrying about. It was pretty easy to get to the offices aswell and I've even found a quicker way (I think) so I'll probably be pretty early tomorrow. It took a lot for me to stay away from TopShop both on the way there and on the way back, hehe.

Anyway. I got to the offices ten minutes early because as mum says it's better to be early than late! I got sent to the fourth floor and right away was thrown into jobs. I had to sort out the post and put it on everyones desks. I had an office map but it's all around the wrong way so I kept getting confused and had to ask people who they were, I felt a bit silly but theres nothing I can do really. They get their post in the end. After that I had to sort out the competitor magazines and file them away in a big cupboard that is pretty full up. Surprisingly that took up a lot of the morning so after that I was summoned to package the most recent issues into envelopes, complete with addresses (of celebs). THEN I had to write up the past two issues contents into their directory which took AGES. I had a read through the magazines while I was doing it though. That took me up until lunch time which we get an hour for. =]

I went to a little cafe and had a cup of tea and Spaghetti Bolognese which was RUBBISH. Vince's is WAY better. The one in the cafe didn't taste of anything at all. I ended up leaving most of it because I was stuffed from the pasta so I wen't for a walk around the area and a big HMV sign caught my eye so I headed towards it and found myself on Oxford Street, woo, very exciting. I didn't spend much time there but at least I know where it is now! The office chair made my back really hurt so it felt good to walk around a bit.

When I got back to the office I finished up the contents directory while listening to the other people on the desks surrounding me talking about upcoming features. I know theres going to be some sort of photoshoot on Wednesday so I hope I can go. After all this I was told to go out and do some market research. I had to visit news agents in the area and ask them a few questions about how many issues of Reveal they stocked and sold and how many issues of Closer (probably their biggest competitor) they stocked and sold. Most of the newsagents were fine about it, one got a bit funny and wouldn't answer though. I'm supposed to write it up tomorrow, though I don't know how. =\ While doing the market research I explored the area a bit and went to Carnaby Street, which was cool. What was really cool was the piano in the middle of the street that people were allowed to play on. I instantly knew Vince would want to play on it and when we go on Saturday we're going to make a visit. We have decided to visit London on Saturday as my train ticket will still be valid. We're going to be proper tourists and we don't care! Haha.

After that I was allowed to go home at about 5pm, half an hour early, so I found my way easily to the tube, to Waterloo and then made it home at about 6:30. I fell asleep on the train again, hehe.

Overall it was a good experience seeing how a normal office runs. I am definitely not wearing heels tomorrow. I felt quite over dressed actually. I was told jeans with heels, 'fashionable,' but people weren't wearing very fashionable clothes and most of them were wearing flats so I will be tomorrow aswell, mainly due to the growing blister on my foot. Tomorrow I have to do the post again and write up my market research, but other than that I don't know what I'll be doing, for now though, I think I need some sleep!!!!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig