Cherry Pie : Book review: Grace's Guide

2 March 2015

Book review: Grace's Guide

Grace's Guide
Grace's Guide Grace's Guide Grace's Guide Grace's Guide

When I said Fleur de Force's Glam Guide was the only Youtuber book I will buy, I lied, as this one was quietly taking up space in my drawer, ready to be featured. Grace's Guide came out a little while ago now, way before Christmas in fact, and I've been meaning to write about it since

I'm not sure why I picked this up if I'm honest. I don't watch Grace Helbig's videos religiously like I do with other Youtuber vids but when I do watch her videos I really enjoy her humour and sarcasm and I feel it translates really well into this book. It's very tongue in cheek and you probably shouldn't take the advice too literally, but there are bits and pieces that are quite helpful such as the interview techniques, party and travel tips and making friends as an adult. I believe Grace is in her early thirties so this book is great for people of my age (late 20's *cough cough*) to get a bit of help and advice on various topics.

Grace never takes herself too seriously, which is why this book is pretty funny in places. It's just Grace's humour through and through and I like the fact that after each chapter it has a helpful ticklist to help you remember the key points of the chapter. Again, like Fleur's book, this isn't one I've read from front to back but it is one I pick up and flick through every now and then. It's most definitely a coffee table sort of book, but one that you'll get something new and witty from on each read.

Have you read Grace's Guide? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I've been wanting to buy this for so long! I love Grace and I expect this book to be so funny yet really relatable at the same time

    laurensibs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve noticed this book popping up on blogs and have become quite curious. I’m not familiar with Graces YouTube channel but the book seems fun and witty. Seems like a nice coffee table book! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, you should check out her Youtube!

      Delete
    2. Helen, check out Grace's youtube. She's hilarious

      http://rues-style.blogspot.ca

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a great book, I only have fleurs book but then I don't watch youtube videos at all so I am out of the loop xx



    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think even if you don't watch Grace you'll really enjoy this book!

      Delete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig