Cherry Pie : Beauty blogger problems

17 March 2015

Beauty blogger problems


I've been a blogger for five years now, a beauty blogger for around 3 or 4 and along the way have come across many, many problems that only other bloggers can relate to…

  • When you splash out on a tonne of make-up but can't use any of it until you've photographed it for a blog post

  • When you're all set up ready to take blog photos and the sun decides to poke it's head out, shining all brightly and adding a lovely glare to your images

  • When it's 3pm on a winter afternoon and it's pitch black outside…a time when you wish the sun would rear it's head, shining all brightly so you can take some blog photos

  • When you receive products from a PR company and the females in your family all swoop down on them like magpies

  • When non-bloggers see your make-up stash and just don't understand…

  • When your 'to review' pile is so high you don't really know where to begin

  • When it's a perfectly lit day and you just don't have the motivation to blog or take photos

  • When you do have the motivation to blog or take photos, but they keep coming out rubbish!

  • When you have hundreds of eyeshadow palettes from different brands, all in the same shades of browns/nudes

  • Having a bathroom/bedroom packed so full of products that a visitor wouldn't even recognise that a man lives with you too

  • Blogger's block - but hey, I guess this post proves you can get past it!

    Despite this rather ranty list of 'problems', these are far outweighed by all the positives that come along with being a blogger!

    What problem do you face as a blogger?
  • SHARE:

    20 comments

    1. the worst one is definitely having to photograph stuff stuff before you can use it. i've bought so many nice things but photos come first! x

      ReplyDelete
    2. The limited sunlight at the moment is the biggest problem I'm finding! Trying to get that perfect moment to take pictures so you can use all the lovely products you've bought = nightmare

      beth | babbleswithbeth.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Definitely - you really have to keep an eye on the weather all day long!

        Delete
    3. Getting the right lighting can be such a pain! I also have too many eyeshadows in similar shades x
      Emma | Emmys Blog | | MAC Cinderella Controversial Review

      ReplyDelete
    4. This was such a great post and I laughed at a few of these. I just can't justify using a product before using it and I think it's stuck so even if I'm not a beauty blogger in the future I'm still going to snap a few photos to remember it.

      Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! I think it will definitely last long after I'm a blogger!

        Delete
    5. I love this post, I have to agree I end up keeping all my new stuff in a bag waiting to photograph hehe - this is where bulk shoots come in handy ;) I hate it when photos never come out right so frustrating haha.

      Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. So annoying, am trying to get lots of photos taken this week!

        Delete
    6. Haha omg I can totally empathise usually with the pile of things that's unthinkable and deciding if this is more important than uni?! BUT also ordering beauty products and losing the days of being able to just use it hahah xxx

      Blonde Of Carbs

      ReplyDelete
    7. There are definitely perks and downfalls to being a beauty blogger. Photo taking is always a nag. It's never light enough when I feel like taking pictures - when it's perfect, I'm feeling lazy. Such is the life ;)

      xoxo - Kelly
      www.dreaminlace.com

      ReplyDelete
    8. I absolutely love all of these points, especially the review pile and the bad lighting days! I work until 7pm so coming home in the winter sucks as it's always so dark! Great post x

      emily x ❤ | emilyloula

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I don't get home until nearly 7pm on an evening as well so it's so annoying that I can't take photos when I get home.

        Delete
    9. Haha I can relate to all of these! Currently have a pile I need to photograph but desperately want to use them xx

      Love and Marmalade

      ReplyDelete
    10. Photographing things before using is definitely a big blogger pain! Can be so frustrating when you really want to use something but don't have the time to take photos!

      Leanne - A Slice of My Life Wales

      ReplyDelete
    11. I have not been blogging for long but I can relate to not wanting to take photos on a nice day and for having a lot of eye shadows
      But I find it hard to have time for everything too

      ReplyDelete

    I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

    © Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
    Designer Blogger Template by pipdig