Cherry Pie : This is why I hate summer..

22 March 2010

This is why I hate summer..

You may think I am completely mad but I genuinely don't like summer. I don't mind it being hot, but I can't bare it when it's overly boiling and I'm sweating like a pig. I'd much rather stay inside, but don't get me wrong, I enjoy the sunshine and the relaxing beside the seaside etc etc but what I hate hate hate is summer clothing.

I like looking at the cute shorts, sunglasses, dresses and strappy tops but I physically can't wear any of it. Personally I believe it stems from years of bullying but I have completely and utterly zero confidence in myself, I hate my legs and showing off my shoulders which is why you'll always find me wearing a cardigan, leggings/tights and trousers.

I always buy things with the intent of wearing them, but I never will. I'll put a cardigan over me or put on a pair of tights. This is why my wardrobe is full of tshirts with sleeves, jumpers and jeans and why I hate summer. Looking at people enjoying the sun in a pair of shorts and a strappy top is something I'm really jealous about and sometimes upset about because I just won't and can't do it.

I guess that to really overcome it I just have to get on with it and wear these sorts of clothes but the thought of it is quite scary. Other than that I'm not quite sure how to get over it. I love the days when it's not so hot so I can dress in what feels most comfortable to me.

I'm not sure why I wrote this. Probably because I'm sick of people asking me if I'm hot or why I'm wearing a cardigan in the boiling hot weather and because I'm sick of feeling like this every summer.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Have you thought about wearing light, summery clothes that still cover you up? I'm thinking a maxi dress with a t-shirt underneath, or linen trousers and a crisp shirt, or even some knee length, loose fitting denim shorts with a simple t-shirt. Still summery, but not so revealing.

    I don't have the guts to wear skimpy little shorts in summer - they look awful on me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came by to say thanks for the comment - but woah this post struck a chord... I actually don't really know what to say, as I totally agree with all you've said. I ALWAYS wear a cardigan, over everything. & as much as I love it when the sun comes out, I dread it, as it means I have to put my tights away, & then what?
    I guess we can just hope that we have a typical, unreliable British Summer - which means it won't be that odd to be wearing a cardigan!

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love summer! :D don't mind if it's boiling as long as I have sun screen protection on
    <3 huong

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig