Cherry Pie : Inspired

18 March 2010

Inspired

I'm probably going to sound like I'm gushing a bit in this blog so do forgive me. Yesterday my University arranged some guest lecturers to come in and speak to us. There was a writer for Kerrang!, a band publicity guy and a photojournalist. Obviously, for anyone that knows me you'll know I've been reading Kerrang! for years and that it is ultimately the magazine I want to write for in the future so the Kerrang! writer was certainly the reason I went along to the lecture.

It was so inspiring! He told the story of how he wanted to write for Kerrang! since he was a teen and how he eventually got into it. His job sounds amazing. He gave some really great advice, insider knowledge of the industry and some great stories about bands and his articles. I asked him what advice he would have for me as I want to write for Kerrang! also and although he seemed a bit shocked by question because it was quite direct, he kindly gave me his email address and said he would look at some of my work! I've just this minute sent off an email to him full of my writing so I'm pretty nervous to hear what he has to say about it.

After hearing his talk, I felt even more inspired to be a writer and to keep going with everything I'm doing.

It lasted about three hours and the band publicity guy was also really interesting. He's worked with Nirvana, the Foo Fighters and the Arctic Monkeys and had some really great stories to tell. PR is also something I've looked into as well as jobs within record labels due to all the music related work I do.

Unfortunately not many people turned up but I guess they missed out on a great talk and the chance of making a contact so too bad for them.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. That's great, it's always so inspiring to hear from people who've really made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, you got his email? suchhh a great contact to make! good luck, hope you hear back from him soon

    LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing course and a great chance to make contacts. Wishing you luck in your career as a journalist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it would be so cool to write for Kerrang! Sounds like you were really inspired, hope it works out for you too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig