Cherry Pie : I think I can relax now..

16 March 2010

I think I can relax now..

..only for a few days but as my Portfolio for Life As A Freelance sits complete on my bed, ready for hand in, I feel a bit more relaxed. It was quite stressful to do, seeing as I had a printer that wouldn't cooperate and I realised I had forgotten some important pieces which I had to do at the last minute; and can I just say how frustrating it is trying to get freelance rates, editorial lead times and advert rates from magazines. No matter how much you email or phone, everyone is so unhelpful. Don't they remember how it felt to be a student? When I'm a big high-flying Journalist, I will definitely remember to help out the students!

After yesterday's phone call, I feel a lot happier about what's going to happen after University. When I come back from the Easter holidays I'm going to start packing up my stuff and moving it into Vince's room. Though that is going to need a BIG spring clean before I'm even setting foot in there! I need to get rid of a lot of stuff..mostly clothes I don't wear and DVDs I've only watched once. My collection is ridiculous.


Last night Vince and I went to see A Day To Remember at Portsmouth Pyramids. It was absolutely brilliant! I will admit that Vince was right about where we were standing because I had a really good view and the band themselves were great. The support bands weren't really to my tastes and we were quite disappointed with the merch but because it was the last date of the tour, they pretty much had nothing left. :( I saved us both £12 on ticket prices as I managed to get a guestlist place in return for a review so I should probably work on that either today or tomorrow.

As for the rest of the week, I don't have much planned. Uni on Wednesday and Thursday and possibly watching Vince play another gig on Friday and then a nice relaxing weekend ahead! I can't wait to go home now! I'm trying to save for my shopping trip to Bristol but I currently only have £30. I'm also meeting my friends for an evening of Curry and the rest of the time will probably be spent working at the holiday camp. :) I am definitely looking forward to a nice holiday, hah.

P.S - A £25 ASOS Voucher giveaway at Sitting Pretty
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. It's always hard starting for the bottom, but i'm sure it'll get better!

    iliketweet.blogspot

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope everything gets better soon! :)
    lovely post, love your blog!

    XOXO, BECCA
    http://fashion-train.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things settle down soon xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig