Cherry Pie : So sleepy..

10 February 2010

So sleepy..

You know when you wake up from a nap and you feel even more tired? That's happening to me right now, and I have an evening of University work to do!

Last week I had to write a feature pitch, pretending it was 'real' and that we were sending it to the editor of a magazine. Our lecturer sent our pitches to the editor of Grazia magazine..and down came the chopping block which took off most of the classes heads. Although what she said was relevant to my pitch it still made me feel bad when she said my pitch would ultimately fail. I'm going to try and do it again seeing as we have to submit four pitches in our final workbook so wish me luck!

Third year has been hard so far, although we haven't really done anything in Advanced Magazine Design yet I can feel that Life As A Freelance will make us all want to kill ourselves. I'm wondering how I'm ever going to become a freelance writer if I can't even write a pitch. The main problem for me is case studies - so if you know of a young professional aged between 20-24 that still lives at home with their parents, PLEASE let me know!



3 packages arrived for me this morning, one was the dress which I really like! The other was the skirt which is a bit more floaty than I expected and the third was a freelancing book I got for 1p!

Valentines is on it's way and I already have Vince's present wrapped up nicely. We're planning on just going out for lunch I think, we figured it might be cheaper than going for an evening meal, and then cosying up together in the evening watching TV or a DVD. We'll obviously be so full up from lunch that we are bound to have a nap, hehe. The best thing about this year's Valentines is that it's on a Sunday so everyone can be really lazy!

I haven't been home since Christmas so I'm starting to want to go back, but I wan't to try not to keep spending all my money and I know if I'll go home I'll end up going on a massive shopping spree with my sister. I had a small shopping spree this afternoon where I just picked up a few bits and pieces..including this Cameo necklace from Accessorie for £5!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. wow, you sound super busy right now!
    that's such a cute necklace - I might try & find myself one!

    LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the necklace!

    I think freelancing is very hard work and as a professional writer I know I'd struggle to go it alone. However, if you've got the organisational skills, the confidence and the talent you'll do extremely well and be better paid than employed hacks!

    I wish you all the best. Writing is a fantastic career - you'll get so much joy out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing necklace! I love your economical find! Congrats on having your vday festivities planned out, I too am glad it is on a sunday ;) I get to be relaxed, comfy, and not stressed out about making a weekend event of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cat makes me even more exhausted!

    Merci beaucoup for your wonderful comment =]

    Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
    English Rose x
    http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww.....that cat is adorable! he's so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig