Cherry Pie : Rain rain go away

25 February 2010

Rain rain go away


I've just come back from a dreaded tutorial with my course leader. I asked her what sort of level I'm currently working at and because my first finished piece is only research based it can only be at a 2:2 level..but there is good news. She said because I have done my interview..when that is complete, it will balance out my Major Project and I shall be working at a 2:1 level! I'm so happy and although I was barely in her office for five minutes I came away feeling really motivated and wrote a 500 word live review. I'm now rewarding myself with a little bit of music, a new blog post and possibly a cup of tea in a minute. :) I am seeing her again on March 8th, I think she really wanted to see me earlier but she gave me the choice and I can get more work done if I don't see her for a week and a half. She wants my 'Influential Artists' piece FINISHED and I also said I would have the live review and interview transcribed.

Talking of my interview, Tuesday went really well. I was quite nervous because I was on my own and the band and audience were all quite old but I needn't have worried. At 9pm I hung around the Merchandise stall and a blur of long hair and tracksuit (not very metal is it?) came running towards me and asked if I was doing the interview. Myself and Brian (guitarist of Diamond Head) and also another Journalism went into the room next door and did the interviews. Brian was really talkative and even talked about stuff without me even asking the questions first which was really good. Now I just need to transcribe it and hopefully get it written into a feature format like they have in Kerrang! My course leader says I'm taking something or something has switched in me to start doing well as before I was doing horribly and now I really know what I'm doing which is great. :D

A bit of sad news now, my dog had to be put to sleep. :( He was a German Shepard dog but he was quite old, we'd had him 9 years and he was already an adult when we got him. He was quite ill as he had loads of problems with his legs but he had a heart attack on Tuesday which is really sad. :( Dad says no more dogs..but he said that last time after our dog Bouncer died and it's just TOO weird not having a dog. I don't like it, although I haven't been home yet but I can imagine.


As I can no longer rack my brains with more news to bring I shall end it there. Tea time!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love the tights in the top picture! I'm sorry to hear about your dog, my last dog was put to sleep after we had her 17 years and it was so so hard. We also said no more dogs and now we have 3! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry about your dog. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. the tights are quite cool in the top picture! :). im sorry to hear about your dog :(. i have a german shepard alsation, shes 9! ten in a few months. i hope you get another dog!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig