Cherry Pie : Life as a Freelancer & Styleclone posts!

20 January 2010

Life as a Freelancer & Styleclone posts!

My first day back at Uni today and I was only there for 2 hours but in those two hours I got very scared about life after Uni again. We had to fill out a questionnaire for the lecturer to 'get to know us,' or just have a really good nose. Basically one of the questions was 'What are your plans after Uni,' and since I was being REALISTIC I put that I will probably end up back home trying to freelance while searching for a job. I'm not sure that was something she wanted to read but I was only being honest!

I surprised myself by actually doing the work though. We had to read the newspapers and pick out stories that could potentially be made into other stories for other newspapers and magazines and I managed to pick out two good stories that she thought would make good features/articles. Usually I end up sitting and doing nothing but I really need to work in this unit as it's what I'm going to be doing when I'm finished with Uni.

I've also cracked on with my dissertation and I am now 500 words in to a feature on British Rock Music. I can see I am going to struggle with fitting fifty years worth of music history into 1500 words but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. So far I've touched upon The Beatles and The Rolling Stones and have gone into a little more depth about The Who..which has also lead me to think about another feature about rock music and fashion. Good/Bad idea?!

I need to email a whole range of bands and get their opinions on British rock music and I need to do my Freelance work but other than that all is dandy. No shopping for me today, except to buy magazines. I decided to ring up Kerrang! and Company magazines about work experience but all I got was the usual line that placements were full and I should email. Yawn.

I'm wearing my new jumper today, it's a bit low cut so I've put a vest top underneath and I really like it. I'm glad I didn't buy the size 8 because that was just too baggy, anyway, here are last weeks Styleclone.com posts for you all! Enjoy!

JIMMY CHOO TO COLLABORATE WITH UGG AUSTRALIA

ASDA'S TUMMY TAMER DRESS

NEW £100K NOKIA SUPREME PHONE
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. What a horribly cool dissertation topic. If only all schools were as open minded as yours! Best of luck to you...sounds like you're off to a good start.
    XX Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really intriguing your topic. Good luck on that report
    *Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh a fashion/rock music post would be amazing!

    ♥ Hannah

    ((LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM))

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I just discovered your blog and am stopping by to say hello. I'm a writer based in New York City - I write for the National Geographic Channel. Keep up the writing and best of luck with your professional endeavors!

    www.jodikendall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig