Cherry Pie : Lovin' the smoothie life

17 June 2015

Lovin' the smoothie life

Strawberry smoothie
Blueberry and banana smoothie

It seems I have turned into one of those gym going, smoothie making people. I wouldn't say I ever despised that sort of person but I didn't really understand why people went to the gym regularly, but these days, after I've actually given it a try myself, I've realised that I quite enjoy it. I guess it just proves that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover!

I've been really enjoying spin and yoga this year, not because I especially need to loose weight or anything but I wanted to take up some hobbies instead of sitting on my sofa in the evenings. Along with that, I really got into a phase of eating fruit on a regular basis too, however it kind of trailed off a bit so in a bid to get more fruit back into my diet I thought I'd have a go at smoothie making. What really swung it for me was my sister doing it and telling me about all the different recipes. The blender was pretty cheap too at £29.99 and it's so easy to use.

I've not tried anything too extravagant but it's such a great way to get lots of different fruits into my diet and reach that five a day goal. I've also been obsessed with researching recipes, I'm keen to give these three tasty juice and smoothie recipes by Vivianna Does Makeup a try, especially the green juice as so far I've only been blending fruits.

The only trouble I do have is the texture of some of the smoothies. I've found blended raspberries tend to leave pips behind, which aren't pleasant to drink. I've invested in some large plastic straws to help things go down a bit better but I think I'll stay away from raspberries in future. I've also discovered that while a smoothie might not look very nice (my blueberry smoothie came out a funny grey colour instead of the vibrant purple I was imagining), it usually does taste good!

Please leave a comment and point me in the direction of your favourite smoothie receipes!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Pinterest have some good recipes, you should look on there =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smoothie looks yummy!

    www.itsjaninella.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deliciously Ella has some great smoothie recipes that I use!

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh great, thanks. I will check it out!

      Delete
  4. I love smoothies and don't drink them anywhere near often enough!
    My favourite is a good old banana and strawberry smoothie, little tip, if you have fruit due to go off slice it up and freeze it, they can then be used in a smoothie at a later date and make it deliciously cold!

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life Wales

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life Wales

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smoothies really are the best! My favourite recipe doesn't involve the most fruit but it's certainly tasty. I tend to have it as a desert if I'm craving something sweet or as a breakfast treat. All I do is blend together a banana, cocoa flavoured yoghurt, 2tsp of cacao powder and some milk. It's delicious :)

    Shannon xx | http://www.lotsofloveshannon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so delicious! It's made me want to start making smoothies!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look uh-mazing!
    Lizzy | by Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig