Cherry Pie : My first foray into (high end) foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear

3 June 2015

My first foray into (high end) foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear

Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation
Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation - £29.50

To be honest this blog is usually strictly budget beauty. I simply don't have the money to be buying high end beauty products all the time and I'm a real high-street girl at heart. Give me a Boots or Superdrug any day. Unfortunately my skin just doesn't seem to get on with budget foundation.

I have tried SO many different foundations in my time that all claim to stay put all day but nothing has really worked. I realise I'm a bit behind the band wagon with the whole Estee Lauder Double Wear but it's a recent discovery for me and I wanted to blog about it. The whole reason I ended up trying Estee Lauder was because there was a free sample in a magazine. It was the complete wrong shade for me but it stayed on my hand for hours and hours. I was so impressed that I went to an Estee Lauder counter, which was in my motherland of Boots may I add, and asked to try a sample.

I've never done this before. Usually beauty counters are a bit scary, full of red lipped, orange skinned consultants that will do anything to make a comission but the lady I encountered was really helpful. Somehow from just looking at my skin under the awful lights of Boots she decided I was a 'Ecru' shade and she whacked some on my face to try, with a very used brush I might add (ew!). Dirty brush aside, I was really impressed with the match and I was given a little sample bottle to take home with me.

I don't wear foundation every day, only on special occasions or where I need to look smart, but when I did use it I was so impressed at its staying power. I only need a thin layer for good coverage and it stays in place for hours. I wore it on a couple of nights out and didn't have to worry once about reapplying. While it is good coverage, it doesn't feel thick or heavy on my face and more importantly to me, it doesn't dry out and sink into the lines in my face.

I think it's safe to say I've found my staple foundation. No more budget foundations for me I'm afraid. It's Double Wear all the way! For £29 it's not cheap and I did have to wait until pay day to be able to justify it but I got a decent sized bottle that's going to last me ages! I think once you've found something that works you really need to stick to it. I'm so happy to have finally given this a try, hallelujah!

Have you tried the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I love this foundation and have done a full review of this over on my blog too, it's also my first high end foundation

    Leanne | www.oohsimplething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm even more behind the band wagon Cherry, I have never tried this before however I have heard how good it is. Sometimes I want a bit more coverage, particularly in the winter time so I'll have to remember to check this out. I always try to get matched too but seeing dirty brushes makes me cringe inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been matched before and it's so easy but the dirty brushes were gross, might have to take my own next time!

      Delete
  3. I love a high end foundation when I can afford it, but I do also get on with some of the high street ones- Bourjois and Rimmel both make ones that suit my super pale skin...I do love the feeling of being able to splash out from time to time on something really amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the Bourjois BB cream to be quite good but they it kept drying out on my skin!

      Delete
  4. I had exactly the same experience, dirty brush and all, top choice! Welcome to the Double Wear clan :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, dirty brush is definitely not good! I've not tried this but I've actually done the opposite to you and gone from high end to low end haha. I'm sure it will last you a long time though and be worth your money!

    SinĂ©ad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear Ecru too and have been wearing double wear now for over 12 years. I love the stuff, nothing comes close.
    I really hope you get on well with it and EW to the bad brush. Come on Estée Lauder ladies, sort it out!

    Gill xx EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, couldn't believe the brush, eek!

      Delete
  7. I've never tried any Esteé Lauder foundations but I'll definitely check this one the next time I go to Sephora! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, let me know what you think if you try it!

      Delete
  8. I currently use the YSL foundation which I adore. I find this one a bit too high coverage for me, I used to only wear BB creams and tinted moisturisers so when I tried the Estee Lauder one, it was very different! Lovely though as I know some friends swear by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always heard such good things about it!

      Delete
  9. i've heard so many good things about this foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never given this one a chance. So many people love it, I must try it x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been meaning to go to Sephora and get matched for a higher-end foundation. I learned when I was quite young that it's best to put money into your base products and high-street the rest. Thank-you for the detailed review. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig