Cherry Pie : Book review: The Glam Guide by Fleur de Force

24 February 2015

Book review: The Glam Guide by Fleur de Force

Fleur de Force The Glam Guiude
Fleur de Force The Glam Guiude
Fleur de Force The Glam Guiude
Fleur de Force The Glam Guiude

I've been watching Fleur's videos for a couple of years now and they have always been some of my favourite. Her content might not be hugely different than other fashion/beauty vloggers but I've always felt I can relate more to Fleur and enjoy her fun and friendly style of video.

When I heard Fleur was releasing a book I was really excited to check it out. I don't have much to compare it to because I haven't read other Youtubers' books and I don't intend to either but from reviews I've read, it seems as if The Glam Guide is pretty much Fleur's personality encompassed into a book style. I definitely got the impression that it's 100% from Fleur and I've enjoyed seeing her vlogs documenting some of the process. As someone who has always wanted to write a book, her videos were a really interesting nose behind-the-scenes.

The Glam Guide isn't the sort of book I would read from start to finish. It's more of a coffee table book that you can pick up every now and then when you want some advice on something beauty/fashion/lifestyle/Youtube related. There's advice on pretty much every topic you could possibly want and it's all very detailed too, with diagrams and even a colour wheel to explain which shades go with each other. I was very impressed with that one!

The tone of the book is very Fleur as well. It's not too formal or patronising, it's just very relaxed and chatty while still remaining informative. As someone in their mid-twenties (ssh!) I don't find the book at all childish as I thought I might do. I guess Fleur's audience is a little older than many other Youtubers' so I was able to really enjoy reading and learning from it.

Have you read The Glam Guide? Let me know what you thought in the comments.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. This is probably the only Youtubers book I would buy. I checked out the Michelle Phan one this weekend, and it looks so boring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I've not tried any others as this was the only one that interested me!

      Delete
  2. I bought Zoe's book and haven't read a page of it yet because I feel as though it's just too young for me but I succumbed to blogger hype. I think I'm going to buy Fleur's, it seems a lot more grown up. xx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a great book and I think this would be helpful. I think out of all the YouTube books I would choose this one as it looks like a pretty good one.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually picked this up over the weekend and agree I’ve just started reading it and put it down on the brows section. So far I’m finding it to be a good read :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is actually the only youtube book I would consider and I have picked it up already! I really like the tone of the book and think there are some really handy tips, but as you said not to be read like a story it's definitely nip in and out kinda read xx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Love your blog! This books seems very helpful and look nice!
    Have a good day, Isabella x http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to get this even though i dont wear make up.

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's lots of other advice on topics other than makeup, you should definitely pick it up!

      Delete
  8. I fancy reading this book! Thanks for the photos it gives a sneak peek inside the book. I agree the writing style of the book seems friendly. The illustrations are beautiful too. Can’t wait to purchase it myself. Thanks for the post!! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig