Cherry Pie : Sunday Summary #6

8 February 2015

Sunday Summary #6


Unbelievably we're nearly into the second week of February. Last week I mentioned I had my final contact lense appointment, which went well. I'm officially a contact lense wearer, although I don't wear them every day. After the appointment I had a bit of a look around town and bought a few bits. I also popped into the hairdressers and got my hair chopped, eek! The place is actually a drop in one so there's no appointment needed and it costs just £9.90 for a cut and then an extra £9.90 for add ons. Anyway as it was a pretty cheap cut I wasn't expecting anything too impressive but I do like it. I got it cut just above my shoulders, which is quite a change as it was down to my waist! I'll try and get some pictures of it soon!

This week has been a bit of a stressful one to be honest, but I got some nice flowers and chocolates from work on Tuesday as a thank you for my hard work, so that was pretty lovely!

On Wednesday I attended my second spin class! I'm pretty proud of myself for going actually. After a stressful day at work it was probably the last thing I wanted to do but I didn't want to give up after one class so I forced myself to go and wow was it painful this time around. I think the first time I went I must really not have pushed myself enough as this time around I really tried to keep up with the instructions and I could barely walk afterwards. I guess that's the sign of a good work out! My legs haven't hurt too badly this past few days but I did have to have a hot bath on Wednesday night to help ease them a bit. I'm looking forward to going again and seeing if I can get my resistance up a bit more. This class just gone I managed 21.5km which is an improvement on the previous week, where I got 18km!

Also this week I went along to my second crochet class. The classes are every other week but I feel like I need them every week just because there's only so much you can practice the same stitch over and over again. I think I'm just too impatient and I want to start making things already! During the class I learnt the triple stitch (I think!) but I was getting pretty frustrated with myself throughout as every time I come to the end of a line I'm finding it difficult to tell if there's a stitch left or not, most of the time I think there isn't when there actually is and I'm ending up with a bit of a jagged edge, oh well, practice makes perfect I guess…maybe two weeks between classes isn't so bad after all. I also managed to pick up some different patterend bits of card for my blog photo backgrounds, so look out for those!

Vince and I have been discussing painting some of the house this week. We want to paint the bathroom, which is currently a disgusting snot green. I want a light, minty green shade but Vince prefers blue. I think we've settled on a light blue shade, which does actually already match our shower curtain and bath mat so I guess that's what we're going to go with. I don't think it will be too bad as there's only really one main wall to paint.

Vince also wants to paint and sort out the conservatory. The conservatory is pretty unusable most of the year. In the winter it's extremely cold, you can't sit out there without freezing and in the summer it's insanely boiling so again, you can't sit out there! Anyway, I told Vince he could do what he wanted with it…so he's bought Spice Red paint…eek! Luckily, as most of it's glass there's not much to paint. I'm sure it will look fine!

Yesterday Vince had the day off work so we had a huge lie-in and I did plan to take LOADS of blog photos as the lighting was perfect but instead I sat on the sofa most of the day watching episodes of Prison Break, oops! I am aiming to get them all taken today as I have quite a big of a back log of products building up, wish me luck…

Catch up on the week:
  • Georgio Armani Bristol Beauty Blogger Event
  • My fragrance collection
  • SHARE:

    7 comments

    1. Sounds like you had a lovely week! I don't think I can wear contact lenses myself but I do want to try.

      Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'd definitely recommend giving them a try!

        Delete
    2. I saw your haircut on instagram, it looks lovely!
      And well done with the spin classes, I really need to get my bootay into gear and start doing some exercising xx

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a bargain hair cut- something that no matter how cheap it is I like to avoid at all costs hahah! Very pretty flowers and great shot too, I am also impressed with you doing crochet I want to know how to do it to make a little crop top or bikini xxx



      Blonde Of Carbs

      ReplyDelete
    4. £9.90 for a trim is really good, I pay £40 for a cut and full head of highlights which I don't think is bad either, I don't feel like i'm being ripped off. I don't blame you for not bothering with the blog photos - i'd much rather have a lie in and TV time haha

      Jade x

      Girl Up North | UK Lifestyle Blog

      ReplyDelete

    I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

    © Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
    Designer Blogger Template by pipdig