Cherry Pie : Sunday Summary #1

4 January 2015

Sunday Summary #1


Well hello there and Happy New Year to you! I'm not actually finishing the first week of the New Year in any sort of style as I'm currently tucked up on the sofa under a blanket having been feeling ill.

I felt fine yesterday and I had a nice Saturday morning shopping in town followed by lunch with Vince. I then popped to my sister's and my parents but once I got home I started feeling very achy and cold. A really bad headache followed, which continued until around 3.30am this morning when I woke Vince up for some paracetamol. I felt better this morning and managed a shopping trip to Aldi but this afternoon I've felt worse again, even being sick at one point. I'm trying to drink lots of water and keep myself dosed up as it's the first day back at work tomorrow…

I couldn't very well miss the first Sunday Summary of the year though so after a little sleep I finally popped the laptop on.

If you haven't already noticed, the blog has undergone a New Year makeover thanks to the wonderful peeps at pipdig. I thought it was time for a bit of a re-fresh, what do you think? Let me know in the comments.

I'm also working hard on the style of my blog photos, so hopefully you've already noticed a bit of a difference. I was actually planning on taking some blog photos today but that went straight out of the window. I was also supposed to have an appointment at the opticians about getting contact lenses but I didn't really feel up to it so re-scheduled for next weekend.

It actually feels like ages ago that it was New Year's Eve but it was really only this week. I spent the evening, as I do most years, at Vince's mum and dad's house where we had LOADS of food and watched the fireworks at midnight.

The rest of the week has been pretty quiet. I had a New Year's walk through the woods with my parents and my niece and nephew and have just been working on my blog for the rest of the week.

As I mentioned, tomorrow is my first day back at work and to say I'm not looking forward to getting up at 7am is an understatement. I've had 12 days off in total, including weekends, so I've been enjoying lie-ins every single day, oops!

How has the first week of the New Year been for you? Let me know in the comments.
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. Love the new look blog! I hope you feel better soon, there are some really nasty bugs about at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I think my whole family have had something, probably where I got it from!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Your new layout is lovely!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you !

    Kiss ! Yuyu

    http://www.yuyufashionbook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new blog design is lovely, get well soon xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk | Check out my 100 follower GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eurgh I'm dreading the early morning tomorrow too! I was meant to go back to work on Friday but I'd been ill so it's back to work tomorrow instead. Hope you feel better soon xx

    kizzyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog looks really lovely, nicely laid out and clear! Aw hope you feel better, I hate being ill so much!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new design, it's great having a crisp new layout to start the new year. Feel better soon. xoxo

    allhans-on.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new design and I love your blog photography and hope you have an amazing rest of the week!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year :D your new blog design looks so lovely! xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Organisation is my biggest weakness so I need to be like you and get a calender. Lovely post!

    www.ellenwarnerxo.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig