Cherry Pie : Beat the January blues

19 January 2015

Beat the January blues

January blues

January blues
January blues

Today is apparently 'Blue Monday', the most depressing day of the year. I guess the reasoning behind it is because the festive celebrations are long gone, everyone is back at work, it's dead cold and pay day isn't for almost two weeks yet…I've certainly felt a bit down in the dumps over the past week and I'm not really sure why, so I've come up with a few ways to make yourself feel a bit better!

Re-jig your skincare routine
At this time of year the weather can be pretty harsh on your skin so it's a good time to look into having a little mix-up of your skincare routine. My skin tends to get used to products if I use them on a daily basis and I'm currently using the No7 cleanser and toner, but am finding it doesn't have much of an effect anymore. It's definitely time for something new. Just as you need a bit of a boost, so does your skin.

Paint your nails
This is one that always cheers me up. I have so many colours to choose from and having colourful nails makes me v.happy! You can go mad and paint them lots of different colours, try some nail art or go for one of your much loved shades, anything to boost your mood just a little.

Change your hairstyle
At this time of year I always feel like cutting my hair. It's the whole 'New Year New You' thing I think. My hair is pretty long at the moment and feeling a bit drab and scruffy. I'm thinking about a long bob…but I know when I cut it I'll want long hair again, it's always the way, however I think I'm going to go for it once I get paid again, just to change things up a bit.

Take up a new hobby
I've been thinking about this alot this week. I'm a little bit bored of coming home every day after work and sitting on my butt on the laptop, I need to DO something. I've been looking into various classes and I've thought about going swimming a few nights a week but I think I'm too chicken to go by myself. I really just need to bite the bullet and book some things up, even if I don't end up liking them, at least I've tried. I would recommend this to anyone else feeling in a similar way…you don't have to do anything that takes you outside though, why not take up a new craft hobby that you can do in the comfort of your own home? I recently bought the La De Dah Journal so I can take up scrapbooking, I can't wait!

While I'm no expert or saying you should follow these tips religiously, they are just a few small ideas to change things a little bit. You could also go shopping and find yourself some new clobber that you wouldn't necessarily go for usually or you could take up exercise/cooking. Anything really!

How are you beating the January blues? Let me know in the comments.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I think the focus of new resolutions drives me through January... February is definitely my slump month! I'm intrigued to see that Superdrug mask in your photos... how are you finding it? As for myself, and everyone else I've spoken to/ seen reviews by, it turned my face bright red... and I don't have sensitive skin at all/ I'm not allergic to anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't sound good, I noticed it is a witch hazel-based mask so may not be great for my skin either, which is pretty sensitive. I'm still to try it out!

      Delete
  2. I love blue polishes! Blue is my favourite colour, so these pics are gorgeous xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really love the idea for this post and the pictures, big thumbs up from me! I didn't know dove did haircare omg I need to look into this right now, and pretty nail colours xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I reviewed the Dove hair products if you want to take a look: http://www.cherrypieblog.com/2014/08/dove-oxygen-moisture-advanced-hair.html

      Delete
  4. Ah such a good post. And very relevant considering today was meant to be the depressing of the entire year! But painting my nails never fails, and I feel more 'together' with my nails done!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to new hair! That reminds me, I actually think I need to get a hair cut aha, my hair is looking a bit worse for wear right now!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. January is in general a little bit blue I think. I think painting your nails always helps though and I adore blue nail polish, so it's perfect for blue January :)

    MiglÄ— x Meet Me On The Balcony

    ReplyDelete
  7. A change of hairstyle is just what I'm looking for at the moment, although I don't know what I want which is a huge dilemma!
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig