Cherry Pie : Weston SUPER Mare?

16 June 2010

Weston SUPER Mare?

I'm glad people are liking my CD reviews and are checking out the bands aswell! 

Anyway, on to today's subject, which actually came to me while I was walking around town looking for a Father's day card. In case you don't know, I live in Weston Super Mare and have done for around ten years now. Today I realised just how aweful it is. It might just be because I am young but I am so sick of seeing charity shops, phone shops, estate agents and holiday shops popping up everywhere! I know people are going to say that you can find some great stuff in charity shops, but as Weston is full of old people, you really can't find anything here but a smelly old jumper. So many shops are closing down in the town center, and then they are being replaced by things that are useless to us.

I have to go to Bristol if I want to do any decent shopping, here we have a small Topshop store that is about 6 months behind everything else, a Dorothy Perkins which I hate and a New Look which is really packed full of rails and is also about 6 months behind the times. It's really frustrating because Weston is a seaside town and the council just don't make use of it. It would be great to see quaint little cafes and tea rooms as well as cool, funky boutiqes and we desperately need a music shop!

Obviously this is just my idea of the perfect place to live, of course not everyone is going to want the same stuff as me. I guess the old ladies like their rubbish charity shops and I'll just have to make do with travelling an hour to Bristol everytime I want to find some decent shops!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I know what you mean! Luckily, I can take a 30 minute bus ride to Bluewater which is alright, but it does suck if you can't be bothered to travel that far which most of the time I can't :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have the same problem where I live with an hour drive to Bristol or 40 mins to Bath for some decent shopping. We don't even have a Topshop in my local town and more shops seem to close down each week.We don't have a great charity shop though that I have found some great stuff in.

    I love Weston, but have never made it as far as the shops as I head straight for the beach, my girls are mad about the donkey rides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about having a few places to shop & hang out at. I live in Queens which is only a 40min train ride into Manhattan - where I am almost everyday lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig