Cherry Pie : Clothes Show Live 2009

6 December 2009

Clothes Show Live 2009









I'm currently sitting at the kitchen table on the laptop, in my pyjamas, with a cup of tea! What would make this even better would be if it was raining outside! Yesterday was quite a long day which started at 6:45am. We had to catch the coach at 8:10 outside Homebase and we wanted to stock up on food and magazines for the coach so we had to be ready to go by about 7:30. The coach journey took about 2 and a half hours but wasn't too bad. The Clothes Show itself was manic! The arena it is held in is so so big that there were so many stalls crammed in, it was impossible to see them all. There were goodie bags EVERYWHERE so we paid £10 each for a Barry M and a Rimmel goodie bag, which was well worth it because you get well over £10 worth of products! I now have some new colour Barry M nailvarnishes aswell as some new dazzle dust and lip gloss AND Rimmel eyeshadows and eyeliner!

The only downside to the event was the sheer amounts of people. It made it really difficult to walk ANYWHERE without being pushed and shoved and people kept stopping infront of me and were just generally annoying! Imagine a busy shopping centre but ten times worse.

The Clothes Show itself was..OK. I didn't realise it would be one of those dancing fashion shows. I don't mind them but I would prefer to actually see the clothes properly without having to watch the model bouncing around the stage.

I took £70 with me and came back with £30. I bought a cool, hand-made owl tshirt which I should take a picture of and post when I have time. I also bought goodie bags, food and little bits and pieces. I now have a bald patch on my arm where some lady showed me a hair removal product which I didn't even end up buying, haha!

Overall it was a good day, though I would have liked longer to look around all of the stalls! I went there with the aim of writing an article about it for Styleclone.com but I don't think it's really possible as I just shopped all day, I did pick up a lot of 'business cards' from the stalls that were there so maybe I could write some sort of Top list of stalls.

I'm looking forward to my Sunday dinner and then I'll be getting the train back to Southampton for my last week of term. I have one hand in left, but theres still so much to be done!!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. i went there too! but i was there on the friday thankfully it didnt sound as busy as ur day xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig