Cherry Pie : Well..

29 October 2009

Well..

You know theres always that one band that you just HAVE to see live, and although they aren't actually my favourite band, I had to see Green Day live. I've been a fan for years and years now and I've gone through stages of listening to them furiously and then not listening to them for ages.

I really wanted to see them live when they came to the UK last time, which was quite a few years ago now so I was mega happy that I got tickets to their 2009 UK tour and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was for me to get tickets, I literally bought mine a minute before they were meant to go on sale, which was weird?!

Anyway, the show was amazing, intense, brilliant, inspiring and every great describing word you can imagine. For a band that are the same age as I am, they are extremely impressive live, they know how to hold the audience in the palms of their hands and they just love to lap up all the attention from the crowd. It was an awesome awesome awesome gig, one of the best I've been to. I loved every moment of it, especially the encore of Wake Me Up When September Ends and Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) which was played on acoustic guitar, with a spotlight and 16,000 singing all at the same time, which is the best sound ever.

I am just hoping they bring out a DVD of their current tour so I can relive it all again, haha. The only down side was that we had to leave early this morning because I had a presentation to do. I wanted to go into the city centre and do a bit of shopping, but maybe it was lucky that we didn't because I really can't afford it at the moment!

Tomorrow will be a day of work I think, have to pop to the library to take a book back because some damn person has requested it and I haven't even looked at it yet! But other than that, I'm going to try and get my Ugly Betty feature finished as well as trying to write a review of last nights show.

On with the pictures!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig