Cherry Pie : find in us the faith, the faith to bring you home

7 October 2009

find in us the faith, the faith to bring you home

So yesterday I interviewed Funeral For A Friend for my University magazine, Sonar.
It was kind of a last minute thing as I only recieved the email the night before so I had to come up with some questions pretty quickly!

The bands PR were, lets just a say, no help at all! They told me the venue was Portsmouth Pyramids but on the internet I had seen both the Pyramids and Portsmouth's Wedgewood Rooms listed as the venue so I was a bit confused, however the PR girl assured me it was the Pyramids so off we trotted. We arrived there at about 2:30 (interview at 3pm) and asked where abouts the gig would be and the girl tells us it's at the Wedgewood rooms! ARGH! I rang my dad who quickly directed us to Albert Road and we were able to find the venue with 10 minutes to spare! =]

There were various people milling around and the tour manager ushered us into this tiny little dressing room and went on the hunt for band members (who were all sitting on their laptops!). He found Darran and Gavin who play Guitar and Bass in the group and they were really nice. They introduced themselves and shook our hands. They gave great answers to all my questions and were laughing and joking with eachother and just generally having a nice chat with me. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I was so pleased with it because I felt much more calm than I have before and a lot more professional, I thanked them many many times and we cheekily asked for pictures which they were more than happy to do. :) I just need to write up the interview into 300 words somehow!

We got to go to the gig for free aswell and although I'm not really a fan of the band I still wanted to see the show and it left me thinking 'why the hell did I stop listening to them?' They are a really good live band and they played a 19 song set full of fan favourites and they even surprised fans by playing Juneau for their last encore song. I'm definitely going to download some tracks tonight.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig