Cherry Pie : Pass - proceed

14 July 2009

Pass - proceed

So today, or rather at 1:30am this morning, I logged on to view my results for my second year of University and I passed. I was quietly confident that I would but I didn't want to 'curse' it by saying anything. I got 2:1's in all the subjects apart from What's The Story, which, unsurprisingly, I found the most difficult subject this year. Though I want to be a journalist, I find writing long articles/features extremely difficult, mainly because I lack the imagination and inspiration for subjects which ends up with me sitting there and getting into a strop. It's probably an issue I should raise with my tutor as it's something I really want to conquer and succeed at. I'm in the midsts of trying to write an interview/feature but as usual I'm being lazy and not getting on with it. So that will be my goal for year three, to conquer feature writing, which will hopefully cause me to enjoy it more!

I have yet to think about my dissertation. I know what I want to do, but feature ideas and contents for the magazine are difficult to think of. I've been given the choice of having either my usual tutor or my music journalism lecturer as my main go-to person for the dissertation and I can't decide who I should chose. My tutor is great for advice on feature writing and my music lecturer is great on music journalism but he doesn't have his own office and is difficult to track down, he also has a tendancy to ignore emails, so do I really want that in my third year? (Suggestions on a postcard please, or alternatively, in comment form) I really want to do well in my dissertation and graduate with a good grade. Looking at my second year results, it looks like I'm heading in the right direction, I just need to sort out this feature writing malarky!

I'm taking up shorthand again this year so I really need to practise! I'm also continuing writing for RE:SUS magazine and am now the film editor, which is going to be a huge challenge! I'll also be carrying on writing for the Joiners, which I've just remembered is due tomorrow!! Lucky I have a day off to do it, then!! So it will be a pretty busy third year, roll on September, not.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig