Cherry Pie : ..and the coastline is quiet..

29 July 2009

..and the coastline is quiet..

Not much going on in Weston Super Mare right now. I really feel like rambling right now. I'm sat on the computer and I don't really know what to do, all emails are checked, all reviews written and now I'm just sat listening to music and drinking tea.

I'm getting my new laptop tomorrow! I'm so excited to have a laptop with a proper keyboard that doesn't have keys missing. I went into Comet on Monday and bought it but they didn't have it in stock so I've got to go back tomorrow. It took me weeks and weeks to save up for it, I could have waited only a few weeks and let my wages build up and then just withdraw a big wedge of it but I decided to save £50 every week since the beginning of summer and the £100 from the old house deposit really helped too! Sometimes I'm rubbish at saving, most of the time I think 'who cares?! it's only money,' and I'll go on a shopping trip but then when I get back, I look at my account and it hurts, but it's soon forgotten about. Sometimes, if I really want something, like a laptop, then I can do well at saving. I put the money under one of mums ornaments so I wasn't looking at it all the time, being tempted to spend it. Out of sight, out of mind is really a true saying!



I've recieved an email from a lecturer (as I'm sure many of you have aswell) at Uni talking about a new lifestyle magazine that is being put together by our course, but I don't really fancy it?! I don't know why, but I just don't feel like getting involved. Maybe it's because a few of our course members are unreliable and it will feel like Magazine Design lessons again or maybe it's because my own Magazine Design submission was so aweful, I don't want to do it. Plus I'm already doing Advanced Magazine Design aswell as my dissertation. Maybe I'll change my mind, but I have other things that I'd prefer to write for, for now anyway.



Things with our new house have been damn annoying over the past two days! Letters from bailiffs for previous tenants, emails about deposits, mouse droppings and all sorts. It really doesn't help that Polygon Properties don't answer their phones or emails and I'm 100 miles away. Really annoying times.



So..on Saturday Vince is playing the Unsigned Music Festival 09 in Grove Park! He is opening the show with his band Statement Code, so they are all going to be travelling down on Friday. It did look like they weren't going to play because they don't own any amps but they've managed to borrow some so it should all be going ahead. It will probably rain which will mean less people will turn up but I'll be watching. :P
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig