Cherry Pie : Letting go of blogging

19 August 2016

Letting go of blogging


I started blogging around about 2009. I've been doing it ever since and I've never been more unhappy with it than I have been this year. Towards the end of last year I was thinking about giving it all up but my boyfriend bought me some camera lenses for my 'blogging' camera and I felt a bit like I had to carry on. I must admit after using the lenses I really enjoyed taking photos and I feel like they improved a little bit (despite finding out I'd been transferring minute size copies of the images onto my laptop for years) but this year I've just lost all interest.

I don't really care about the latest lipsticks and I even got a bit fed up of Manicure Monday's and felt like spending my money on nail polishes was a bit of a waste. I got fed up of pressuring myself on a weekend to get blog photos taken and posts written when I'd already spent a whole week working 9-5.30pm in front of a computer.

I'd taken multiple 'blog breaks' through the year but nothing really helped so I finally decided that was it a couple of weeks ago...so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing here now to be honest. I feel like completely taking the pressure off has allowed some words to just flow freely from my fingers. I don't have anything to review/promote this time and I'm just getting things out of my brain. I don't even know if I'll publish this but it feels good to be writing something down.

During the past few weeks I've had lovely relaxing weekends. I've spent an entire Saturday doing my housework without worrying about having to slot in some time to take photos. I even spent a Sunday or two on the sofa and I got through the entire new Harry Potter book within two hours. It was magical (lol, sorry!).

It's nice to say I don't have anything planned on the weekend. It's nice to pop out to town or if Vince has the day off from work it's nice to spend it together and go somewhere without having this nagging in the back of my head about having to get blog photos taken.

I don't think I'll go back to blogging like I was before on a regular basis. Sometimes I do get the urge to get all the pretty blog props out and start shooting away but then I remember I want to keep all the pressure off. I don't want to worry about comment numbers and who is or isn't reading and I don't want to keep comparing my blog to the thousands and thousands of other perfect ones out there so instead I think I'll just use this as my little space on the Internet where I can jot down thoughts and let words spill out spontaneously.

Until next time...
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. You shouldn't feel pressured to blog but I feel like that sometimes x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't feel under pressure to blog! Take your time! You never know you might feel up to it later on in your life X

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog but I understand that often the joy has gone from doing it. x I don't buy many new products these days. Instead I enjoy shopping my stash & try to post only when I feel I want too. I hope you post the odd update xxx
    https://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was literally only thinking about you/your blog yesterday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh, I'm so sorry to see you're not posting as much these days. I've been on and off blogging since I had my baby thanks to not having the time, but I genuinely do miss it a lot when I don't post. It is easy to fall into feeling the pressure to blog though, I've only been posting regularly for the past couple of weeks and already I feel like two days is too long not to post for!

    Catherine | Hey, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand, I blog when I have time off from being a mum to a two year old, I have M.E. so should really take things easy when I have free time but I feel pressured to blog twice a week, I don't even have that many followers so shouldn't feel pressure, I don't want to give up yet but don't know how to take the pressure off. I hope that you enjoy your free time & hope to see the odd post in the future x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh man! Hope you don't completely disappear from our screens, I did enjoy reading your reviews and posts <3 Hope to see a post soon and don't ever pressure yourself! xx

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been on and off blogging since I had my baby thanks to not having the time, but I genuinely do miss it a lot when I don't post. hoa khai truong

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading your blog but I understand that often the joy has gone from doing it. hoa tuoi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogging shouldn't put pressure on anybody.. it should be relaxing. Anna Ziuzina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spotify- It is the best application for the music lovers. The best part of the Spotify music application is that a user can download the same on any device, whether it is Windows operating system, Linux, Android device, IOS or any other operating system. Downloading the Spotify is not a difficult task it just requires simple steps to be followed which are given in the given link-
    Spotify Customer Support. Google Play Music Customer Service

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing women's beachwear fashion, you can also visit Shopperstrail for latest trends in online.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig