Cherry Pie : Things I'm looking forward to this spring/summer

7 April 2015

Things I'm looking forward to this spring/summer

Over the Bank Holiday weekend I kind of got into a blogging funk. I just kept putting it off, telling myself I'd 'take photos later' and then just not doing it. In the end I decided to just not do any blogging and just enjoy my time off, which I did. Although, while I was relaxing, this little idea for a blog post popped into my head.

What they say really is true in this case…taking a blogging break does help. When you're not overthinking things, they'll come to you easily so I definitely need to remember this in future.

This is quite a simple post but I thought I'd just put together a list of a couple of things I'm looking forward to this spring/summer…

Bloomin' lovely blooms!

I love having flowers around the house (even if they do make me sneeze a bit!) and I even love trying to grow them myself. I have hyacinths and tulips growing in pots at the end of the garden at the moment and they're doing so well, except that the hyacinths have fallen over due to the wind. The tulips aren't quite out yet but I can't wait for them to be so I can pick some and pop them in a vase. Either that or I'll cheat a bit and buy myself a bunch from the shop, haha!

Beach walks

Walking along the seafront is one of my favourite things to do of an evening. I like to walk right from the middle of the seafront by the Pier and right round to the Marine Lake and round to where Vince and I went to college. I never get bored of it, especially on a lovely sunny day or just when the sun is setting!

Re-visiting favourite places


It's become a bit of a tradition for Vince and I to make our way to Chew Valley Lake each summer. We spend most of the day walking round the lake, which can take hours and hours. There's a pond and bird spotting route which we took last time in the boiling hot weather. There's also a little cafe and space for a picnic too.

Although there are quite a few people that do get the same idea to visit, they usually stay in the main public place where the cafe is and not as many wander through the grasses and different walking routes. It's always really peaceful there and one of our favourite places to go.

What sort of things are you looking forward to this spring/summer? I also can't wait for the Bank Holidays, sitting in the house with all the doors and windows open, spending time in the garden and the annual barbecue at my parents.

Let me know what you're looking forward to in the comments.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Those tulips are absolutely gorgeous I got a new vase today so definitely need to fill it to brighten the flat and I LOVE beach walks they are gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post has really made me want to go on one!

      Delete
  2. Im looking forward to my break away and spending more time outside with my camera =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh this has reminded me how much I love tulips! I'm just looking forward to a bit of sunshine :) xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get myself some more in a couple of vases!

      Delete
  4. Walks on the beach at night are one of my favourite things, especially when I've had a stressful day! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, I love beach walks or running at the beach so much. What a pity I don't live close to one so I can only to that in holidays

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig