Cherry Pie : What I've learnt this year: blogging

29 December 2014

What I've learnt this year: blogging

What I've learned

As the New Year approaches I've been thinking a lot about what I've learned this year, blogging wise. I thought I'd put a little post together to share my thoughts. Hopefully throughout 2015 I can look back at this and remind myself of a few things too…

Take a break
If there's one thing that I've learnt this year it is that its important to take a break. This year my blog has sometimes become a bit less of a hobby and more of a stress and I don't want it to become something I don't enjoy doing anymore so I've learnt that it doesn't really matter if that post about a new eyeshadow palette doesn't go up during a certain week, what matters more is that I continue to enjoy what I'm doing and take a break if I need to. A good piece of advice for any of you as well and not just related to blogging either!

To use my camera
Vince bought a fancy new Canon 600D last year and I use it all the time for my blogging. I'm not saying I'm the best photographer in the world and there's definitely some things I need to work on but looking back at my old blog posts, I can see such a huge difference in the images and I'm really proud of that.

In 2015 I hope to use the camera even more and learn as much as possible. There's always room for improvement so hopefully I can step up my photography game even further in the New Year.

Organisation is key
When you work full time and only have weekends to spare it can become a little difficult to fit so much blogging in. Sometimes I want to spend my weekends with family/Vince or just relaxing at home. Sometimes I don't feel like writing posts or taking pictures and this brings me somewhat into the taking a break lesson I've learnt this year, but I've also learnt that organisation is key. I have learnt that blogging ahead is really helpful, writing notes and keeping reminders in my phone are all really handy organisation tips and in 2015 I hope to improve this even more. I've already bought myself a big blog calendar and hope to have blogs prepared well in advance.

To do only my best
I guess I've known this pretty much my entire life but this year it has become more apparent in the blogging world. There are people out there that have more followers/more popular blogs but I can only do my absolute best and as long as I am happy with the content I'm producing then hopefully my readers will be too!

What have you learnt this year, blogging-wise? Let me know in the comments.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Brilliant post! I love hearing what other people have learned and then taking that into account. I really feel like it helps me out a lot! I'm really hoping I stick to my schedule this time round - fingers crossed!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and am happy to learn how to blog better! I am still a newbie and am grateful that ya'll give me great advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also hoping to improve my camera skills in 2015 :) xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk | Check out my 100 follower GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really agree with the need for taking breaks, I blog as a hobby so if I put too much pressure on myself to blog alot when work is stressful it can loose its fun side

    thriftylilpixie.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging should be more fun then stress! But totally agree is can get stressful at times.
    Would really love a new camera, have fun using yours! :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a wonderful read. Taking a break is so important. I was so overwhelmed with personal issues that I ended up taking a break through most of November and December. I'm so excited to work on posts again and make a comeback on 2015. Happy new year, btw xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, I was lucky enough to receive a new camera for Christmas so hopefully we will both learn some new things! All the best for 2015 x

    http://Thoughtsandthunder.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post xx I started blogging during the summer holidays and I've learnt a hell of a lot since then xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig