Cherry Pie : Just think happy thoughts..

16 April 2010

Just think happy thoughts..

My last blog post was slightly grumpy so instead of worrying about what is to come in the next few months I'm going to look forward to all the exciting things that are going to be happening!

Leaving Uni and graduating is going to be really exciting, although pretty nerve wracking aswell, but it will mean I'm a proper 'grown up'. I'm going to be moving in with Vince who still has a year left of Uni and that in itself is something I am looking forward to. We practically live together already so there won't be much change, just all our stuff will be mixed together. Which reminds me actually that we need to do quite a bit of cleaning before moving in! It's only round the corner from where I live now so we can always walk round with boxes. I think it will be loads of fun. :)

We are currently in the middle of arranging another small holiday with our two college friends. We went away to Devon last year and really enjoyed it and after getting all excited about going to Disneyland and then realising we actually can't afford it, we are now looking at some relaxing places in Devon/Cornwall or even Wales. We can't quite decide yet.

My free tickets to Alton Towers came through the post the other day so on September 12th, Vince and I will be heading to Alton Towers for the day! I cannot wait! The last time I went was rubbish because it was with my school and we barely got to spend any time in the park. I definitely want to go on all the massive rides including the new Thi13teen and Oblivion and because it is in September we're hoping that most of the kids would have gone back to school by then so it will be reasonably quiet.

I have a week long work experience placement at Sugar magazine in September which I'm really looking forward to. I've heard good things from a friend who did a placement there and I'm really hoping I will get to write something for the magazine or help towards it in any way I can. I didn't really get a good experience at Reveal magazine last year so I want to make the most of this one!

While all of this is going on I'm going to be trying to find a new job. Which is kind of exciting I suppose. Obviously it will probably be a part time bar job to start with but I'll also be looking for jobs within the industry.

So there is my summer all planned out..when you look at it like that it doesn't look like much but I'm sure it will all fly by and we'll be heading towards Christmas before we know it.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I loved reading sugar magazine when i was younger!
    Don't forget to enter my prada giveaway.
    XOXO BECCA
    http://fashion-train.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a brilliant summer.

    I'm sorry about the whole thing with that bloke for your dissertation, but my dad was practically housebound and we couldn't get out.
    Hope it all went ok anyway :)

    xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that you are lookign toward more positive things, I'm at that point in my life where everythign is stressing me out. Not. Good. :)♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im in a pretty similar situation to you :) graduating soon, moving in with the mister, and 'grown up' time of looking for a proper job etc. Will be wierd not being a student anymore! I normally go surfing in newquay every year, mostly at easter though! heard its a bit crazy and busy in summer. but would definately reccomend cornwall :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah, how exciting! I wish I had such fun things to look forward to. Finishing uni isn't as bad as you'd expect. My first year as a graduate is all right (so far!). I'm also excited for you to go on Oblivion. It's really short but it's the best ride everrr.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig