Cherry Pie : First post

18 May 2009

First post

So here is my first proper post on a blog I've had since February, not a good start really is it? At first I created this blog to showcase all the writing I do but after hearing that our lecturers apparently encourage us to blog (since when?) I thought I would start one up. I think this is the best time to start one as I have quite an exciting event coming up this summer that will give me experience and knowledge in the Journalism world. I have a week long work experience placement at Reveal magazine and although I'm VERY nervous, I am also VERY excited to see how an established magazine really works.

I was sent a 'workie pack' with lots of information on what I would be doing; the usual making tea and filing aswell as looking for feature ideas, answering phones, replying to reader letters and plenty more I expect. Thats when this blog will hopefully get a little more interesting!

As for now, I've just finished the second year of University, which was probably the worst year as far as work is concerned. I had some less than pleasing marks and have found it very hard to actually write a full feature. I guess it just takes practice, which reminds me that I need to get back up to speed (60) on my shorthand ready to take it up again in September.

Apart from University and my box of a house, my second year in Southampton has been great, mainly due to the fact that my boyfriend (Vince) and I have spent SOOO much time together and it's been great. We don't even have to be doing anything special to have fun, just hanging out at home is perfect and cooking dinner is brilliant because Vince is an AMAZING cook, he can cook for me every day if he wants. :) I've also been able to see him put together a band he's really passionate about and I'm very proud of him for completing his first year of University. The band is great and I love watching them live, especially Vince because he has so much energy and he is amazing at playing the piano, I am quite jealous! I love him lots and I'm sure he will feature in my posts very often!

So what else is there to say? I'm in pain right now because I had a filling this morning. I really don't remember a filling ever hurting for this long. It's 5:30 and I had it done at 9:30 this morning, what is going on there? The paracetamol isn't working and I can't open my mouth very far. Sad times, but I have a cup of tea beside me which will make everything better!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig