Cherry Pie : Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go

21 August 2009

Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go

I always get this weird feeling at this time of year..it's the dreaded University feeling and the fact that I'm 50/50 about going back. It's not so bad that it means I'm going to drop out but I hate the feeling of having to leave home again, the ONLY thing that makes it bearable is that Vince is with me. I don't know what I would do if he wasn't at the same Uni as me. =]

I've had a really good summer this year! The best. I remember when I was younger and back in school, we used to have to write about what we did in the summer holidays and I never had anything to write about but this year I can safely write about everything I've done. I had a great experience at Reveal, both good and not so good. I feel I got quite aquainted with London and next time I have work experience, (and there WILL be a next time) I won't feel so daunted by the whole prospect. I also got to experience the sights of London on a brilliant day trip with Vince.

I also had a great great holiday with Keely, Kayleigh and Vince and can't wait to go away again next year (though they don't know it yet, lol!) aswell as a great day out at Thorpe Park with Vince, although my 2 for 1 entry wasn't valid on the day we went and I only found out once we had got there! Although the actual working side of working behind the bar and dealing with idiot customers gets a bit sickening, I've enjoyed working with Vince and spending most days with him.

But back to University. Everytime I think of it I get this horrible feeling. Back to the cheap ASDA shops, nasty food, early starts, bills and Uni. Thinking about it, I have learnt a lot about Magazine Journalism but there are crucial pieces I feel we haven't done enough of - like writing features for example. When it comes to me sitting down and trying to write a feature, I am stumped. I definitely need to sort this out!

The start of a new Uni year usually means going out, freshers week etc..to most people but I'm not bothered by it. I'm not a typical Uni student at all, don't get me wrong, I enjoy going out at times but the same places gets boring after a while. I'd much rather stay home and relax, most people will think it's sad but that's me and I don't care. =]

I still have many things to look forward to in the rest of the year, my 21st birthday on October 13th, (hint hint) though I don't know what on earth I'm doing for it. I'll probably come back home and go for a meal and see friends. Then on October 28th I'm going to see Green Day! I actually cannot wait! I'm listening to them now and appreciating them all over again. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) is my absolute favourite song and I can't wait to see it performed live and hear everyone singing it back. The best sound in the world is a crowd singing the words back to the band.


I'm in a strange mood tonight. I've had a productive day, replying to emails, putting up reviews, working on my own reviews, working on my dissertation, a visit to the post office, a nice relaxing bubble bath and generally doing bits and pieces. I'm all confused with my dissertation at the moment so I will return to it tomorrow and Sunday and see what can be sorted out. Goodnight
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig