Cherry Pie : July 'Jet Set' Birchbox

29 July 2013

July 'Jet Set' Birchbox

July Birchbox

July Birchbox

I haven't ordered a beauty box in SO long. I remember when they were really popular and every month every single blog would be reviewing the same box. I'm glad it kind of died down a bit as if you really think about it it's a lot of money to spend every single month.

On a whim I decided to sign up for the Birchbox. I never signed up the first time round so I decided to give it a go as I'd seen the June box reviewed on a couple of blogs and I was semi-impressed so hoped I'd be just as impressed with the July box.

On first opening the box I wasn't impressed but now I've looked deeper and have given the products a try I am quite happy with it. Leave-in conditioner, great. New lightweight moisturiser, even better. More Weleda skin food, a bonus and a new gel eyeliner, bingo!

I probably won't have much use for the blush but it's so tiny and cute I'm sure I can find it a good home. The 'theme' of the box is 'jet set' so these products should come in handy for when your travelling, however I don't ever travel so that's a bit useless for me. I think themed boxes are a little pointless as we all know the company just throw in whatever they can get their hands on that month. These aren't products I would reach for on my travels.

I'll admit I have unsubscribed from the box now as it was just a bit of a one off and I would quite like to try out some other boxes that have made their way onto the market during the lull.

Were you impressed with the July Birchbox?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This was the crappest box i've recieved! They gave you THREE products that they have used in previous boxes (skin food, eyeliner and detangler!) outrageous!


    http://talisatalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/nuxe-reve-de-miel-baume-levres-ultra.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like that about beauty boxes as well...I was really jealous before because we didn't have any beauty boxes in Sweden. But now when we have a few over here I'm not that excited about it haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved this months box, mine had a couple of different products though. That Blanc moisturiser is my new favourite thing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I've never actually heard of them before! They look pretty cool :)

    Sarah x
    sarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tiny blush is so cute, I was going to sign up to Birchbox but I decided to try some other beauty boxes first, I signed up for Beauteco Box and SoukSouk Little Green Beauty Box.
    : ]

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig