Cherry Pie : Excuse me.

15 February 2010

Excuse me.

I'm currently taking a break from my hectic work schedule of writing about the most influential British rock artists of the 70s and 80s, so far I have Jimmy Page and Ozzy Osbourne. Although both of their bands were formed in the late 1960s, it wasn't until the early 70s that they gained much success. I felt like on of those music know-it-alls then, but I'm certainly not. This is probably the most difficult subject I've ever written about it, but being a music fan, I was expecting it not to be. I kind of wish I had chosen to write for something like Company magazine for my Major Project but I guess it is too late now. Sob :'( The only thing that can get me through is endless amounts of tea.

Valentines day was fun. Vince got me the new Super Mario Brothers Nintendo Wii game and I'm already onto the second level. I love it. I bought him a new necklace as he lost it and looked naked without it, hehe. Yesterday was also Chinese New Year and there was a big parade in town with lots of stalls, we decided to have all you can eat Chinese for lunch but as the prices were a ludicrous £17.80, we thought better of it and got some noodles from one of the stalls, which actually filled us up just as much as the lunch would have, lol.

We decided we would cook our own dinner this year instead of going out for a meal and being caught out by Valentine's prices like we did last year (our bill last year was nearly £80!) so we made Shepherds Pie and it was the BEST thing ever! We did buy a chocolate cake but we were too stuffed to eat it! In the evening we settled down and watched The Day The Earth Stood Still, which I was really disappointed about actually. It seemed to be over far too quickly, before developing the stories properly.


After having just read a friends blog I've been reminded of something I wanted to say before. In a recent lecture we were told that we shouldn't blog because it makes us put our opinion into our formal writing too much and that employers could look at our blogs and be put off from giving us a job. Can't anything be personal anymore? This really annoyed me actually because an employer should be giving me a job based on my personality and my writing for their magazine, not for a blog where I write down the odd thought here and there, they wouldn't base my job on my private lockable diary that was stashed under my matress would they, so why should they base it on this? If I can write a good article for their magazine then thats great, I am pretty sure I can stop myself putting my opinion into an article where I shouldn't be putting it. /rant.

P.S - My first official blog on February 9th 2009 means that I've been blogging for one year!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Hmmm, it's a difficult one. I guess it depends what kind of journalism you want to get into - an informal, laidback blog like yours or mine wouldn't go down too well with a financial services magazine! I use my blog as part of my portfolio and have never heard anything bad. Don't worry about it too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the difference is that a blog is something you make for public consumption (whether or not you think a lot of people will read it is irrelevant, because anyone CAN read it) whereas a locked diary stays under your bed, for your eyes only. People can see what you've written on the Internet and if what you've written reflects negatively on you or the company who wants to hire you, that could matter.

    But I doubt anything on this blog would prevent you from getting a job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want the Mario game for Wii! But no one will buy it me!

    Congrats on the 1 year! :)

    And you know you want to buy the boots ;) haha
    xox

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I will always try and return them - if you're wanting to leave your blog link please make sure you leave it correctly. Don't contribute to broken links!

© Cherry Pie . All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig